ADVision asked to have titles that they have licenses for to be taken off the site, s
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Thanks, thats some info I can work with. One thing, where can I find the new titles for under $20? I haven't found a series that's not completely released yet with individual volumes for under $20 , I don't know where to look thoughSmile .

Those VA's get paid pretty good. It shouldn't be more than a month or two of work, and probably part time. Wonder what the whole process costs with writing the english version and paying all the VA's.

You mentioning what retailers do doesn't help me feel better about the asking prices either although it does once again show that ADV isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

It would be only fare to lower the prices or put more eps. on a dvd instead of taking all the profit into their own pockets. I know thats how companies work but then don't look surprised if some fans choose to buy boots.

I generally get my stuffs at DDD, around $18 for new releases and rightstuf around $16 when they have a studio sale. DDD offers free shipping all the time, rightstuf, you have to have at least a $100 order to qualify for free shipping. Anyway, it's ez to have a $100 order.

Actually, I don't think any of the studios, distributors or retailers are bad. Everyone needs to make some money. Only when studios initial sale price is really high, then the consumers would have to buy the high end price. *shrug*

Dunno, but it doesn't really matter to me about paying the prices if I really like those anime series. The only thing I don't like is 3 episodes per dvd. Dohz....that means I'll have to get out of bed sooner to change the dvds or wait couple of months before I could get the next volume. What a drag.....:p

Messages In This Thread
ADVision asked to have titles that they have licenses for to be taken off the site, s - by Japschin - 06-09-2004, 11:34 AM