ADVision asked to have titles that they have licenses for to be taken off the site, s
R1 prices are at best a mixed bag.
On the whole they are explotative.
ADV's recent shift to 7 disc sets is a clear sign of this.
Full Metal Panic had no buisness being on 7 doscs
6 would have been a perfect fit, but they had to just squeeze a little bit more out of fans.
Now ADV has also done a good thing in releasing their anime esseintals line, which is way over due and has good titles. It along with the geneon signature line are good starters.
However the overall price is a bit out of hand. 24-30 per title is simply too much. Why should i pay 30 bucks for one volume of a show when that is the same i pay for the lord of the rings extended edition in many stores?
Now many of these overpriced titles can be purchased a bit under msrp via the net, and other means, but that is a bit of work and unless you can get free shipping that alone will defeat a few dollars off.
ADV needs to do more before i would think of not buying rips of their sets.
Their not the worst(Funimation, and no fruit baskets does not atone for your sins, dont even bother bringing that up)
In the end adv has the right to ask people not to sell bootlegs of their sets, but they are by no means perfect.
They deserve credit and critisism.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman

Messages In This Thread
ADVision asked to have titles that they have licenses for to be taken off the site, s - by Hidalgo - 06-08-2004, 08:42 PM