Microsoft isn't so bad once you get to know them
Quote:Originally posted by buffgod
What about the idea that The xbox has greater power on all levels interms of the video game console platform. Has nice highly unused Hard drive and is now 149$. Developers like the infrastructure of the xbox etc. I mean they did put out a nice product comparitavely. Don't you think if reseident evil and final fantasy and other greats came out on the xbox it would be the prefered system to have. I feel that comsumers are being short changed because of hard ware short coming of ps2 and game cube.

Well for one you are wrong.. the Xbox don't have greater power on all levels.. Each system is built with its own design and intention.. The ps2 has an actual True 128bit processer which can be split into two 64bit processors.. and also more units it can use.. the PS2 is very hard to develop for.. because it is done totally different then a normal computer is.. Look at it this way.. People are trying to build a PS2 Emulator but even a 3ghz+ computer can only get a few fps outta it.. because its such a hard arch to work with.. but we now have a Xbox Emulator running a game at full speed on the same.. why because an Xbox is exactly like a Cpu in ALL ways.. with a NVidia graphics card..

Also the Gamecube can do lighting effects way better then the Xbox or PS2 can because it has extensions built into the cpu and gpu which make it easy for developers to work when it comes to lighting..

also the fact that all 3 units are based on different types of CPU you can't compare them just with there MHZ.. just because i have a
3ghz decalpha chip.. doesn't mean it can beat a 2ghz x86 cpu.. because the x86 can actually process more with the lower ghz because of different chip structures..

But i will agree fully with Prophet Hero.. its not about the systems anymore.. because i belive that the nextgen consoles it won't be about the graphics.. because they have hit there plateu.. it won't get that much better it will be about how well the game makers actually make the games and how bad or well they do ports of them to other consoles.. My perfect example of this is Bloodreign for Gamecube. it was a direct Port of the Ps2 and they didn't even bother changing allowing you to select stuff with the menus with the analog stick.. you had to use the small D pad on the GC controllers to do it.. which got annoying.. 1 simple thing they could of changed that would of made things alot better for the port..

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft isn't so bad once you get to know them - by Schultz - 04-12-2004, 07:03 AM