Wow, there was almost a school shooting/stabbing today
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
Could someone please enlighten me about Americans and guns.

I agree with elco, where in the world (aside from the US apparently) would teenage suicide and murder be so readily accepted as the norm? I'm from Australia and the only time I've seen or used a gun was at my mate's outback property shooting tin cans on a fence.

Bullying occurs everywhere, no matter which school you went to, you just need to deal with it. As stated earlier, either make some bigger friends, stay away from the bullies or let them know that you're not one to be messed with. I guess I was lucky throughout school and there were very few bullies around. But they only pick on you when they think you are weaker, so you need to stand up for yourself and show them you're not afraid.

I can't see how carrying a weapon can be a good thing. If you can't stand up for yourself without a weapon, what's the weapon going to do. It's likely that they'll end up taking the weapon off you and giving you what you wanted to dish out.

I reckon, single out the bully so it's one on one, and give him a good hiding. Even if you don't, he'll (or she'll) get the picture.

Messages In This Thread
Wow, there was almost a school shooting/stabbing today - by dattyy - 10-24-2003, 07:40 AM