What do u like in your anime???
Dark Osamu,

Let's keep patting each other on the back for a while. I'm going to list some of my favourite series that I couldn't stop watching until I reached the end here... lets see if we can find any sort of pattern.
Love Hina - It's the interaction between the characters. You get the sense he's going to eventually realize he's in love with her but there are enough questions hanging in the air that you have to see how it ends.

Fushigi Yuugi - You know she's going to be the Suzaku but all the other craziness that happens just keeps you off balance.

Vision of Escaflowne (the TV show... not the movie) - Talk about whiz bang animation with a solid story. With the number of cool characters that die in this, you're always guessing what's going to happen next.

Trigun - I loved the way this started out as a comedy and became darker and darker until the very end. What a great quest for self understanding.

Initial D - Here's another quest for self understanding. Sure you can guess that he'll win the races but the bigger questions are in the subplots with his relationship and whether or not he's going to start racing because he enjoys it.

Berserk - The whole time you see everything going well but there's that nagging question about that stupid necklace. Not to mention the way the relationships develop between all the characters.

Irrisponsible Captain Tylor (not the OVAs) - "Is he really that dense?" is the question you'll be asking throughout the whole series. The big question for every episode is how will he get out of the next pickle and will he actually manage to end the war?

Photon: The Idiot Adventures - OK... I just like this one because of the blank expressions on the kids face and all the nonsense that he has to endure through the whole story.

Cowboy Bebop - I'd like to say something about the developing characters or the rich storyline but I really like this series because of the slick animation and Yokko Kanno's amazing soundtrack.

Ninja Scroll - Every time I watch this I seem to find more depth in the relationship between the villains. The action is some of the most original I've seen in any historical piece and it's some of the best animated action I've seen anywhere.

There are a list of others that I love as well, Rurouni Kenshin, Lupin III, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Giant Robo, FLCL, Serial Experiments: Lain, Adventure Kid, Sohryuden, and a few others. What they all have in common is either their originality or the fact that they stand out in their genres as a prime example.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
What do u like in your anime??? - by pudding-chan - 09-05-2003, 02:05 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by puzzleguy - 09-05-2003, 03:20 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by pudding-chan - 09-05-2003, 03:35 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by evilomar - 09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Tripp - 09-05-2003, 05:19 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by DARK OSAMU - 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Zagatto - 09-07-2003, 06:32 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by DARK OSAMU - 09-07-2003, 10:07 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Zagatto - 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Tripp - 09-10-2003, 11:23 AM