What do u like in your anime???
Totally Zagatto, I totally agree. Shows are so "cartoony" and based on cliche these days that if you've seen one you've seen 'em all. Originality and story are all that matter to me. Not "is it cool?" or "how fast does it move?" kinda stuff. I like DBZ -BUT- I hate the fact that in Z ( Not DB but Z itself ) everything falls in the characters hands. Goku has a Dragon Ball and since everyone wants a wish he, to the audiences already known knowledge, is expected to have a million fights to save the ball from evil. HO HUM!!! NOW- In Berserk...The characters make everything happen to themselves because nothing is planned. They don't already know what they are up against. Many times they are against themselves on the inside. They have self inflicted wounds, they didn't know they were going to take the corners so hard, or that a Gigantic thing is after them or anything like that. So since they are to make themselves get in danger...they take a left in the fork in the road rather than the right, not because left is easier but because they had to make a quick decision. DBZ they already knew to prepare for the Sayajins, they knew to keep a spirt bomb for just in case. They knew what to do every step of the way but not quite how to do it. And that's it.
Nothing in DBZ is "what's gonna happen next?" it's all "when's it gonna happen?". And that is predictability. TOO MANY SHOWS ANIME OR NOT-ARE WAY TOO PREDICTABLE!!!! Not just Berserk is great (although it really REALLY is my favorite Anime, and not just DBZ is predictable. I just used these 2 in particular, since they are PERFECT examples of what I'm trying to say.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"

Messages In This Thread
What do u like in your anime??? - by pudding-chan - 09-05-2003, 02:05 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by puzzleguy - 09-05-2003, 03:20 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by pudding-chan - 09-05-2003, 03:35 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by evilomar - 09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Tripp - 09-05-2003, 05:19 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by DARK OSAMU - 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Zagatto - 09-07-2003, 06:32 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by DARK OSAMU - 09-07-2003, 10:07 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Zagatto - 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM