What do u like in your anime???
Dark Osamu,

I'm going to be one of your strongest supporters.
I've seen lots of good anime but legions more of bad anime. I'm sure there are people who like the stuff that I think is bad but I'll still diss it at my liesure.
What do I like to find in my shows? I guess that depends on what sort of mood I'm in when I sit down.
Grave of the Fireflies is one of the best anime productions ever made but I have a really hard time watching it because it's such a downer of a movie.
My Neighbor Totoro (which opened with GOTF on a double bill) is another of my all time favourite movies and I can't even begin to count how many times I've watched it. I love the fact that it's filled with magic but the core of the movie is well developed characters dealing with each other in what I feel is an ideal manner.
I love Speed Racer even though I think it hasn't aged well. I love it because I have strong child hood memories of watching it right after we got our first colour TV.
Robotech and Starblazers stand out in my memory because when GI Joe was big, those shows killed main characters and had consequences for firing guns. They both had epic stories with a variety of challenge.

I guess what I like in a show boils down to originality. Shows like FLCL, Lain, and Berserk that push the boundaries of animation in general really draw me in. I also love solid characters with realistic motivations like in Initial D, Trigun, and Berserk again. Those three shows are all about the main character trying to figure out what it is that he really wants rather than searching for a specific goal.

I've tried watching some of the mainstream shows like Pokemon, DBZ, and Sailor Moon but I find they are focused on a younger market and I have a hard time enjoying them. Then there are the legions of shows that nobody ever talks about like Angel Cop, Art of Fighting, and The Ping Pong Club that have very little merit to them. It's hard even getting worked up enough about them to write bad things. They just don't register on the scale.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
What do u like in your anime??? - by pudding-chan - 09-05-2003, 02:05 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by puzzleguy - 09-05-2003, 03:20 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by pudding-chan - 09-05-2003, 03:35 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by evilomar - 09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Tripp - 09-05-2003, 05:19 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by DARK OSAMU - 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Zagatto - 09-07-2003, 06:32 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by DARK OSAMU - 09-07-2003, 10:07 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Zagatto - 09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
What do u like in your anime??? - by Tripp - 09-10-2003, 11:23 AM