I've decided to make a manga! :)
Okay, I?ve worked an amalgam of the two character sketches into a more satisfactory look. I?ve combined features of the left and right hand characters to get the middle result, (see attachment). She still might need to be made a bit more homely or weary looking later on. Right now I?m working on colorizing these sketches to test shading, etc. but the finished product will still be b/w.

The drawings for the actual manga will be scanned into my pc, (after inking, these pics are of scanned pencil sketches), and cleaned up a bit by using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Streamline and then most likely given line weighting by way of Adobe Illustrator, (as proscribed by http://www.polykarbon.com). This will give it a real appealing, professional look. Smile

The middle sketch fits her personality much better since she is supposed to be rather joyless. The one on the left sorta captures this look but is far too ?pretty? and spacey, and the thin jaw of the right one makes her look too juvenile or rambunctious. She?s a little dirty and semi-pissed off for now I s?pose. Tell me what you?d perhaps like to see her lookin? like.

As far as names go, I was thinking she could be called ?Amaya? which is actually Japanese but sounds like something Americans might name their kids. It means ?Night Rain? and I think that fits her character oh so well. I?m still looking though, and I need a name for her little sister and their family name. Suggestions? Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   character test 2 comp (smaller).jpg (Size: 48.31 KB / Downloads: 13)
Hehe Smile

Messages In This Thread
I've decided to make a manga! :) - by six_plus_one - 09-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I've decided to make a manga! :) - by Batz Kage - 09-04-2003, 05:27 PM