For the Big Guns...JJ, Schultz, and the Like
For me, I had downloaded a fansubbed copy of Noir and been totally hooked on it. I did a bit of a search and started learning about HK DVDs and thought they were extremely cool.
I got lucky and discovered this site shortly after it had been set up. JJ was looking for some help keeping things updated and getting reviews.

I did get that first Noir set and was disgusted with the subs. I still use that set as my basis for what a 1 star subtitle should be.
Fortunately I wasn't discouraged and tried a few other sets. Now I have a decent collection of anime on my wall.

I know that I've grown pretty lax in maintaining the titles that I'm supposed to be looking after but I still review as many DVD sets as I can and provide screen shots as available. I'd probably do more maintnance if I didn't hate waiting for things since I've had to go back to a dial up connection (boy how I miss my ADSL).

As it is, Rei and I have become very good friends online and I've been known to tell him things that I don't even tell my wife. I also enjoy chatting with JJ and Schultz. We really don't all live that far apart. We are in the same time zone and could conceivably do a weekend get together if we ever felt like spending half our weekend driving. Schultz is supposed to be coming back to the US before too much longer passes. Maybe we'll arrange for a get together at one of the cons next summer (I'm saving my money already).
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
For the Big Guns...JJ, Schultz, and the Like - by Zagatto - 08-31-2003, 07:53 PM