Hong Kong
Africa, eh? If you wanna poach a few elephants for me while you're there I'll make it worth your while when I stop in Hong Kong Big Grin I'm familiar with Sino Center and the Mong Kok area, and those sound like good bets to me. Trivial question, but do any of these stores give reciepts? I don't want to have to argue about how much I paid for stuff with customs. Do the majority of the store owners speak decent English? Because my Cantonese is well...really awful at best.

Have you ever gone into China to look to for DVDs? I've heard there are places of dubious legality right across the border that you can get FX stuff for about HK$50/disc, but the most detailed info I've found only tells me it's right across the border and run like hell if you see any cops in the area.

Have VCDs pretty much dried up and died in Hong Kong? Call me crazy, but I actually like the format. Speaking of VCDs, do you know if the Outlaw Star and/or Cowboy Bebop coffee table VCD sets are still sold in Hong Kong? I've always regretted not getting one and haven't seen either set online in quite some time.

Do any places still sell bootleg Sega Saturn games by chance? There are a ton of games I want that I can't even find legit copies of anymore. And premodded PS2s or X-Boxes for that matter.

I'll ask the guy I do my DVD ordering through now if he has access to FX stuff. He seems to sell every other bootleg made in Hong Kong, so he just may have the hook up. He charges me US$5 per disc plus shipping(which wouldn't be an issue for you) with a minimum of 11 discs.
Is stuff from Animation and censored hentai cheaper than the rest of the stuff in HK? He only charges me US$4 for those. I'm yet to buy any of either from him, but I always thought it was strange that those were cheaper than everything else. Although I suppose the stuff I have from Animation is all about the Engrish.

I ask about the strip clubs because a friend of mine wants to try to recreate a scene he saw in some low budget Kung Fu movie where the dude got fresh with one of the hostesses and took out all of the bouncers with wrestling moves. Granted, we're both professional wrestlers and MMA fighters, but even I think he's a little off his rocker on that one. I'll be right there to laugh as they knock him into next week though. Speaking of which, are there any pro wrestling, MMA shows or any other kind of martial arts competition in Hong Kong or not too far into China? Since it's something I've decided to dedicate my life to, you could say that I'm a bit of a fan. Underground fighting shows really are the best though.

Messages In This Thread
Hong Kong - by Tradewynd - 08-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Hong Kong - by Sam - 08-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Hong Kong - by Tradewynd - 08-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Hong Kong - by Sam - 08-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Hong Kong - by dvd_master - 08-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Hong Kong - by Shinn Asuka - 08-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Hong Kong - by Tradewynd - 08-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Hong Kong - by rugrats1 - 08-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Hong Kong - by isisCdXVi - 09-02-2003, 05:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post