Has anyone bought Dance Dance Revolution?
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Has anyone bought Dance Dance Revolution on playstation? I'm not a huge Video Gamer though I've totally conquered THPS (Tony Hawk) 1 and 2. Also have beaten the hell out of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. Is Dance Dance Revolution a game a can pop in and play for a little bit after I come home after work? I started downlading the soundtrack, all I can say is just...incredible. I'm going to definately buy the soundtracks.

Typically DDR is played with a softpad, as it's a dancing simulator game which requires you to step on arrows to the beat of the music. Softpads range from 10-20 bucks depending on which brand you get, and there are also hardpads with plastic arrows, and metal pads which are typically a few hundred (but recreate the arcade feel, which is rather important to some diehard fans).

It's possible to play DDR with your controller but it really misses out on the true fun of the game. Unless you plan to use a controller or enjoy a pseudo-aerobics workout after work, it's not really something that can be used as a relaxing game.

Currently there's only DDR USA and Konamix on USA PSX to my knowledge; the rest are all imports and require either the swap trick or a mod chip. Later versions of DDR also have an anti-mod chip algorithm so you'll need a stealth chip for your mod chip too. =P
-- "Your victory will be our bravery."

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone bought Dance Dance Revolution? - by bellreisa - 07-24-2002, 10:44 AM