Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco
I've googled 'til I just can't google no more.

Okay, well, to start off:

I am Hello-Millie, the owner of DEVA Project, a fansub group.
Not only do I own it, I also am the timer, encoder, editor, and translator. lol
Well, I made a fansub script for Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - Episode 90 and sent it to a few fansub projects to try to gain some support, but to no success. I've only subbed Pocket Monsters - Pikachu no Doki Doki Kakurembo (The fourth movie short) and I'm eager for a new project. Which was GOING to be Yu-Gi-Oh! (The undubbed first season) as it seems Sakura Anime has abruptly halted after the first four episodes.

Well, the series was released in Japan on VHS only. So, I turned to bootleg DVDs and VCDs as my source.
Well, here's what I've founded from a month of searching.
There were 2 countries besides Japan to have even a bootleg release of the series, and they are Thailand and China. Well, I had heard that the Chinese VCDs had Chinese subtitles, so I just supposed that the language track would be Japanese. Well, it's Chinese DUBBED, TOO! So I went to the Thai VCDs. Not only are they Thai dubbed, THEY'RE ENCODED IN PAL!
I didn't want to have to use VHS' as my video source for the fansub, but from the looks of it, that's what it's going to come down to.
I'm considering racking out the dollars and buying not only the Japanese VHS', but also the Chinese VCDs. Take the audio track from the Japanese VHS' and replace it with the Chinese track on the VCDs, and then just put my subs over the Chinese ones. But, that's going to take a LOT of work, and a LOT of money. And I'm not sure if I should bother.

Any solutions?
And thats all I've got to say! ^.^

Messages In This Thread
Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco - by Fairymon - 04-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco - by shadypower - 04-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco - by JunkieJoe - 04-20-2003, 04:47 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco - by Fairymon - 04-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco - by Fairymon - 04-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! First season fiasco - by morgorath - 04-23-2003, 11:21 PM