Novel: Final Fantasy VII - Aftermath
[/siz]

The city of Midgar, a great city of nothing but pure technology, was ruined by those who wish to be placed in power over the people. Because of this, the city slowly began to fall apart. The people split into two classes, anyone who worked for ShinRa Electric Power sat above the top of the slums, where the lower class of people would remain. This would cause many uprisings, the most known to the history books ended up being AVALANCHE, who nearly single handedly destroyed the entire ShinRa conglomerate.

Enter Sephiroth. One who wished to become a god, though he was only a mere human in the end. His demise was caused by the acts of Cloud, when he was attempting to merge the Lifestream, Meteor, and Holy. After this, the likes of the AVALANCHE team split off, Cloud, Tifa, and Barret making a new home, while Vincent and Cid headed off on their own, separate ways. Yuffie headed back to her home town of Wutai, and that is where our story begins, not in Wutai, but in the Great Northern Crater.

Chapter On:
The Great Northern Crater[/color][/size]

The Great Northern Cave, the final resting place of Sephiroth, was once a dark cavern. Filled with pools of amazing, shimmering makou, the liquid form of the Lifestream which runs through the planet, it formed a semisolid grave for the silver haired ?demon.? The green-blue liquid shimmered in its new grave, showing no real form of life amongst it; only in its own existence would it be considered ?alive.?

Now the Great Northern Cave was no longer a cave, but more of a crater. It was the place of the final showdown between Sephiroth and Cloud, the place where Meteor, Holy, and the Lifestream were combined into one. Now, the Great Northern Cave was nothing more than a giant crater, filled to the brim with its own liquefied materia, known as makou. Makou, in its own form, was neither a liquid nor a solid, but a happy medium, in its own place between the two; it would never bubble, nor stir or sweep, only remain calm and still, a remembrance for the dead.

The dead, also known as the remembered, or ?Those Who Cannot Be Seen.? It was those who had died and been buried, who had a strong heart, which slowly turned to the liquid makou and were forced into the Lifestream to be reborn as one, as a collective, one large collection of thoughts. These people would become the voices of the planet, to cry out to those who carried the blood which flowed through the veins of their ancient heritage, giving them the title of Cetra. Those with Cetra blood were rare, and the last known person who carried that bloodline was Aerith ? the one who had been gruesomely murdered by the silver haired devil, Sephiroth. Though, for one, there is always another; a pair, a twin, one made for the first. The person did exist, and though he did not know it, his love had been lost, and the planet cried for him in his dreams.

A single thought floated amongst the collective thoughts in the Lifestream. ?Damn you,? it said, ?I hate you all. This is not over,? it whispered, ?it will not be over for a long time. I won?t let it end.? The collective thoughts tried to overpower it, ride it out. Make it come to a sensible conclusion. ?Please, it?s been over for almost two years now. Please, leave it be. Please. Let it be over.? whispered the cries of the Lifestream.

This hindered the voice very little, if any at all. Not rattled at all, the voice only grew stronger. ?All of them,? snapped an angry reply, ?They will all die for what they did to me! I will have my revenge! THEY CANNOT KEEP ME LOCKED IN THIS PRISON FOREVER!!?

Suddenly, from the center of the makou pit in the Great Northern Cavern, bubbles arose. As if evolving from thousands of years, the bubbles rose and took a shape, the form of a human, only this form had two wings, one an angel wing, the other that of a demon. A hand emerged from the semi liquid, and in it clasped the half broken hilt of a legendary sword. Slowly, the being emerged from the pool of makou, and onto the shoreline?
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]

Messages In This Thread
Novel: Final Fantasy VII - Aftermath - by Shinn Asuka - 03-25-2003, 01:25 PM