Global warming is upon us! ahhhhhh! help us !!!
now that i got your attension... all you Global warming/kyoto activists.. David Sukuki fans (aka guy who holds PHD in studying bugs advicing us on weather change) watch the videos and read up this site:

http://www.friendsofscience.org
so what happened to the global warning defenders ;( i was hoping for some lively debate here ~_~
Well, I'm at work so I can't watch video's.

Anyway, it can't be proven nor disproven since there just isn't enough historical data. You'd need thousands of years of data to see if its a natural phenomenon or if it really is our fault. The earth is warming up and there are more toxins in the air as there were 100 years ago before the industrial revolution. It surely can't be good. Whether the warming of the earth is natural I don't know but I think the explanation of the greenhouse effect is very plausible. I think better safe then sorry. I can't do much harm trying to clean the air, just take a breath in a big city, not healthy.

I really think humans are destroying the earth and this is just one of our methods. The people who don't want to take any measures to try to stop it don't do so because they don't believe it but do so out of economic reasons (Bush withdrawing from the Kyoto protocol) so I don't believe anything they say.
I still want to know what asshole said that Ninjas weren't real? That's the real fucking debate here!!!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
evilomar Wrote:I still want to know what asshole said that Ninjas weren't real? That's the real fucking debate here!!!

Ahahahah! You seriously made me laugh with this one! Big Grin

Anyway, If I didn't reply before it was because I didn't use the internet for a few days not because I was left speechless. This doesn't really add anything new to the debate does it? You had already explained and justified your position on this matter very clearly and what you said was indeed true. However, as I had said before, the same way there are scientists saying there's no such thing as global warming there are scientists saying it's very real. Despite that it all comes down to what Elcoholic said, something I also said when we previously discussed this subject, we obviously don't know for sure what's going on so "we're better safe than sorry".
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
evilomar Wrote:I still want to know what asshole said that Ninjas weren't real? That's the real fucking debate here!!!

Uh, ya that asshole was me. :p You can thank my highschool history teacher for that one.

Also while I don't really believe in global warming being caused by us I also think a "better safe than sorry" approach is a good idea. I understand why Bush withdrew from that resolution, but environmentally speaking it really wasn't a good thing at all lol.
LOL, I remembered it was Ciden that had said that lol. His teacher was either a dumbass or thought it would be funny to teach his students a bunch of his misguided opinions. But that was really funny when I read it evilomar.

Personally, I don’t think it has that great an effect on the warming and cooling patterns that our planet has. I do however think that when I go in to a city, I should be able to take a deep breath without passing out. I live out in the country, so one of the reason I hate going into densely populated areas is the air sucks ass. If we can change that, I'm all for restrictions. I would rather people not try to invent a threat to make pollutants release into the environment be lessened, but people too often wouldn't give a shit if they can make some money. So a premature threat may be all that I can hope for to get the job done.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
elcoholic Wrote:I really think humans are destroying the earth and this is just one of our methods. The people who don't want to take any measures to try to stop it don't do so because they don't believe it but do so out of economic reasons (Bush withdrawing from the Kyoto protocol) so I don't believe anything they say.

Just to Clear some things up.. yes Bush Withdrew from it.. but even Clinton didn't like what Europe was wanting to do..
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0...01,00.html

So don't peg anohter thing on Bush when even Clinton didn't agree with it and Bush was just man enough to pull out of what both didn't agree with.
and even if you do a search kyoto clinton on google you will get alot of hits about clinton administration not liking it and such..
Global warming is a myth plain and simple... If you research it a little you will see that the earth goes through a period of gradual cooling then warming then cooling again.

But yeah we are still fucking up hte air...
babyeater0 Wrote:Global warming is a myth plain and simple... If you research it a little you will see that the earth goes through a period of gradual cooling then warming then cooling again.

But yeah we are still fucking up hte air...

I suggest you read this: http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...ht=katrina
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Schultz Wrote:Just to Clear some things up.. yes Bush Withdrew from it.. but even Clinton didn't like what Europe was wanting to do..
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0...01,00.html

So don't peg anohter thing on Bush when even Clinton didn't agree with it and Bush was just man enough to pull out of what both didn't agree with.
and even if you do a search kyoto clinton on google you will get alot of hits about clinton administration not liking it and such..

Maybe clinton realized that stepping out of it woud not go well with the countries with whom you made that agreement. Indeed something that Bush has balls enough for to do and since the US is the largest poluter in the world the treaty doesn't have much effect anymore. I did not say that if clinton did it I wouldn't have minded so much. But what I mind most is its the fucking money that screwed it up in the end. Its not just a problem with Bush but a problem with society.

That's also an interesting article which blames the Bush administration for the 'failure' of the protocol. It says many compromises were made that the clinton adm. wanted but Bush 'gambled' that withdrawing would generate a more favorable treaty for the US in the future. Clinton kept trying to make it a better treaty for him, Bush adm. just walked out without any effort to solve the differences. Now its one of the first major protocols the EU made without the US. The article implies that this made the other countries more confident in their ability to stand up to the US which is probably not what Bush wants. As I said, interesting article.

Quote:Global warming is a myth plain and simple... If you research it a little you will see that the earth goes through a period of gradual cooling then warming then cooling again.

And why is it not possible that we are speeding this up? There's not enough research to proof the rapid warming is normal. First you say its a myth, then you say the earth warming up is normal indicating that you do see the earth is warming up.

Just look at the past year's natural disasters and you'll see its not normal. lots of earthquakes and heavy storms (I belive Katrina was the heavyist storm ever recorded). If scientists are correct its largly caused by change in climate. If they are correct those things will only get worse. We haven't had a major vulcanic eruption for some time but that might change. I'm just 26 but I can easily notice our winters aren't as cold and our summers are much wetter.

Climate change is a fact, wether we are the sole cause remains a debate which I don't think we'll solve here. But as I said before, this is just one of the bad things we are doing to the earth. And part of the problem will solve itsself in 20 to 30 years when oil is GONE!

BTW, I'm not some enviromental activist or something :o
Please, people, WATCH the videos and read the site before starting to talk about "SPEEDING IT UP" bullshit.. kyoto is about carbon dioxide, WATER VAPOR... they are trying to make countries spend BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars to clean WATER VAPOR, which we need for plant life etc etc...

I am all for polution clean up, making cars emit less fumes etc etc... but lets not mix global warming or global cooling, depending on which year class of enviormental freak you are with simple polution..

United States spends hundreds of millions of dollars on cleaning up the polution, Bush (and to some degree Clinton) saw that spending BILLIONS more to reduce water vapor is pointless... you need to be from DUMB FUCK, IDAHO in order to still want to sign on to kyoto after reading the facts...

this reminds me of what my city is trying to do, ban lawn pesticides, trying to excempt golf courses and farming... saying its bad for our health.. and there is a GAZZZILLIIOON studies that say outdoor use is perfect safe.... enviourment canada, health canada and all those other organizations say its safe... they ALLOW those things to be sold in stores, and what does this City Counsel wants to do? Ban it cause its bad for our health? why? better safe than sorry agruement? WORLD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS

its bad for our health but its ok on golf courses? all those golfers that play are not at risk for the evil pesticides? but what about the food we eat. that is grown on the farm that uses pesticides? is that food poison?..

you see, the point i am trying to make is " GIVE AN INCH, THEY TAKE A MILE" kyoto gonna start with WATER VAPOR, next it will move to the carbon dioxide we breath out (we gonna be required to wear raspirators!)

I am exagurating there but you see my point, Kyoto is a scam, its gonna make alot of people rich, the only reason EU signed on with is cause EU grew some hair on their balls after they became EU... and doing stuff without USA because "THE THING TO DO" the only reason Russia in is it.. is cause its gonna make SHIT LOAD OF MONEY selling the CLEAN AIR CREDITS (cause russia is big and has alot of forest it creates more clean air so it can sell their ballance to other nations, can you believe it? Pedling in AIR on the globe!)

EU not gonna last for long... it will realise the cost of Kyoto soon enough, heck, half of the EU already is hurting like hell since the EURO hit, prices went up like crazy... example, in Germany the cost of living DOUBLED.... it means that you need to earn TWICE AS MUCH in order to live as before... u need to get double your hourly rate... think any boss will give u that? I remember when i was working... for over a year, at like 7 bucks an hour, my raise.... 5 CENTS! wooty fucking do...

nuff said... Call of Duty 2 or World of Warcraft time...
I like the part about peddling air JJ.Big Grin And the better safe than sorry argument is all right to a point, and that point is when it drastically effects the peoples lives for the worse. If things start to go bad in the countries that have signed it, they will reneg on the deal. I mean, some of the have no problems selling weapons to countries under UN embargo...
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
elcoholic Wrote:Maybe clinton realized that stepping out of it woud not go well with the countries with whom you made that agreement. Indeed something that Bush has balls enough for to do and since the US is the largest poluter in the world the treaty doesn't have much effect anymore. I did not say that if clinton did it I wouldn't have minded so much. But what I mind most is its the fucking money that screwed it up in the end. Its not just a problem with Bush but a problem with society.

That's also an interesting article which blames the Bush administration for the 'failure' of the protocol. It says many compromises were made that the clinton adm. wanted but Bush 'gambled' that withdrawing would generate a more favorable treaty for the US in the future. Clinton kept trying to make it a better treaty for him, Bush adm. just walked out without any effort to solve the differences. Now its one of the first major protocols the EU made without the US. The article implies that this made the other countries more confident in their ability to stand up to the US which is probably not what Bush wants. As I said, interesting article.

And why is it not possible that we are speeding this up? There's not enough research to proof the rapid warming is normal. First you say its a myth, then you say the earth warming up is normal indicating that you do see the earth is warming up.

Just look at the past year's natural disasters and you'll see its not normal. lots of earthquakes and heavy storms (I belive Katrina was the heavyist storm ever recorded). If scientists are correct its largly caused by change in climate. If they are correct those things will only get worse. We haven't had a major vulcanic eruption for some time but that might change. I'm just 26 but I can easily notice our winters aren't as cold and our summers are much wetter.

Climate change is a fact, wether we are the sole cause remains a debate which I don't think we'll solve here. But as I said before, this is just one of the bad things we are doing to the earth. And part of the problem will solve itsself in 20 to 30 years when oil is GONE!

BTW, I'm not some enviromental activist or something :o

warmed up like .01 degrees, had to do a project on this in 8th grade
JunkieJoe Wrote:EU not gonna last for long... it will realise the cost of Kyoto soon enough, heck, half of the EU already is hurting like hell since the EURO hit, prices went up like crazy... example, in Germany the cost of living DOUBLED.... it means that you need to earn TWICE AS MUCH in order to live as before... u need to get double your hourly rate... think any boss will give u that? I remember when i was working... for over a year, at like 7 bucks an hour, my raise.... 5 CENTS! wooty fucking do...

That five cents thing was in a movie...

HAHAH DOUBLE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!