Ivan the Blowhard
So, Schultz, Evelyn and I are in Biloxi, MS.
Not such a bad thing, considering the family is back together after 3 weeks of being apart. Now enter Ivan. We will be sheltering here. If it isn't Typhoons, it's Hurricanes!!
From Okinawa to Mississippi, no matter what they call it, it's still a damn big storm.
However, the Okinawans build for the weather. All concrete and the like. Americans build to suit their prideful tastes.
Didn't we learn anything from the three little pigs? :confused:
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Bamboozled once again. I saw the words 'blow' and 'hard' and thought this thread was about something else. :eek:

Once again, time to exit stage left . . .
Too funny :p

Hope your house stays put Ka-Talliya. I'm glad your family's complete again. Morgo and Akane.. now you and Schultz together again Smile
Vicious Wrote:Bamboozled once again. I saw the words 'blow' and 'hard' and thought this thread was about something else. :eek:

Once again, time to exit stage left . . .
I'm kinda wondering what in the name brought you to this thread? Considering "Ivan" is a males name... and well, it makes one wonder there, Vicious! :eek:
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Well, our house is up in Shreveport, so there is no chance it is going anywhere. I can't say the same for my Corolla and Schultz's F150 we just bought.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Ka-Talliya Wrote:However, the Okinawans build for the weather. All concrete and the like. Americans build to suit their prideful tastes.
Didn't we learn anything from the three little pigs? :confused:

What do you mean?! :confused: Houses in the US are made of what? Our houses here are quite sturdy as well and we don't have any major weather problems.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
ladysilverice Wrote:I'm kinda wondering what in the name brought you to this thread? Considering "Ivan" is a males name... and well, it makes one wonder there, Vicious! :eek:

Get your mind out of the gutter. Dirty girl!!!! :mad:

I thought it was going to be a funny dirty story. Also, Ivan could be short for Ivana. Rolleyes
Vicious Wrote:Get your mind out of the gutter. Dirty girl!!!! :mad:

I thought it was going to be a funny dirty story. Also, Ivan could be short for Ivana. Rolleyes
Mmmm... yes. The gutter is just too fun of a place to try to take my mind out of. Makes life much more interesting! :p

Ivana, huh? What nationality does that name originate from? Or is it Vicious-born because you couldn't think of a better response? Wink
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
ladysilverice Wrote:Ivana, huh? What nationality does that name originate from? Or is it Vicious-born because you couldn't think of a better response? Wink

It's a legitimate name. Look it up. Ever heard of Ivana Trump?
Ka-Talliya Wrote:However, the Okinawans build for the weather. All concrete and the like. Americans build to suit their prideful tastes.

Or they build to suit monetary needs. Concrete is expensive to build a house with.
Vicious Wrote:It's a legitimate name. Look it up. Ever heard of Ivana Trump?
Nope, can't say that I have. But the point still remains, if she had mean't "Ivana" she would have said that and not "Ivan." :p
~Lady Ice~
maybe they call him ivan the blowhard cuz he always says "blowhard" or something, that would be an interesting story.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Well builders and people in teh states will build outta Partical board and sheet rock.. Which well get blown and broken way to easy.. They like to build nice houses which look awesome but are not sturdy to real winds and such.. Unlike in Japan (Okinawa) all houses are built outta concrete. On top of that they have a water tank on top of house and can be gravity feed to keep water in the house (so if water goes out) and the stoves are ran off propane so if electricity goes out you can still cook and boil water if you need clean water.. They just live there lives around it. On the other hand here they build cheap and run when shit happens.. ;o)
what is the economic status of people in okinawa? Are they mostly rich and upperclass? I was under the assumption that Okinawa was a restort type of place.
It is a resort type place.. But for normal people to live there i would say it varies from upperclass to very lowclass.. Just like any other place.