Daft Punk
hay, has anyone seen INTERSTELLA 5555 - The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem. Its amaizing, the animation is great and so is the music. Amaizing story what more is needed. One of my favoraite dvds in my collection. A must see

Plus the bonus cd is really good

Attached Files
.jpg   interstella5555.jpg (Size: 8.76 KB / Downloads: 31)
I've seen Daft Punk's three animated music videos that were supposedly created for it, but I have never seen the actualy full lengeth production. Where did you pick it up from?
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
yeah the three were, which ones were they, one more time- digital love- harder better faster stronger.

I got the dvd from my local virgin megastores, but you can also get it off many websites, http://www.play.com, you can also get it off the virgin site,(just go on http://www.virgin.com and click on the country link) and maybe amazon but i dont think they stock the limited adition one, this one has an extra disk which has the daft club songs on it all rare remixs of the discovery album.

Attached Files
.jpg   daft_punk_robots150x200.jpg (Size: 5.78 KB / Downloads: 12)
Cool, I just ordered it from Amazon. Hopefully it won't take forever to get here!!
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
fahad17 Wrote:yeah the three were, which ones were they, one more time- digital love- harder better faster stronger.

I got the dvd from my local virgin megastores, but you can also get it off many websites, http://www.play.com, you can also get it off the virgin site,(just go on http://www.virgin.com and click on the country link) and maybe amazon but i dont think they stock the limited adition one, this one has an extra disk which has the daft club songs on it all rare remixs of the discovery album.

You forget Aerodynamic.

MTV released that as the second video.

I ownz it XDD Bought it from the local music store..had to order it though. It came limited edition, big ass booklet, extra CD and all <3

I rate this 10/10.

Amazing.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
that dvd is one of my favs
Daft Punk is such a cool old-school style house crew. If you liked the discovery album go buy homework which is more of what the house style sounded like back in 91. Anyways Daft Punk also made a little movie of music videos before Interstella 5555 it was Big City Nights. Good luck trying to find it as the music videos in that one are killer but they aren't animated.
tsunami Wrote:Daft Punk is such a cool old-school style house crew. If you liked the discovery album go buy homework which is more of what the house style sounded like back in 91. Anyways Daft Punk also made a little movie of music videos before Interstella 5555 it was Big City Nights. Good luck trying to find it as the music videos in that one are killer but they aren't animated.

I heard of Big City Nights. But, I'm still not able to find it.

I have both theyre CDs, and can never decide which one I like better. o.o'

Homework has got "Around the World" going for it.
./"Hey you, you only love me when i'm down. F*ck me, play yourself we'll mess around. On you, gazebo life you got me down. My pool, swim in this place and you'll drown. ~The Trews - "Antigonish Song"
[Image: guts20banner201smaller7jf.jpg]
Made By Blight ^
Around the world a tune when in your head will never leave until you have annoyed atleasst 100 people by humming it...i loved discovery such a good album and yeah i bought INTERSTELLA 5555 from play.com a while back
wo0t free p&p
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
I recently got bk into DP i so love discovery, DP are my differnet music
Got my Interstella 5555 DVD from deepdiscountdvd.com during last year's 20%-off sale. They still have it, but for the regular price now.

Ahh, that brings up memories. We first saw it in cinema during a german anime convention in 2003, months before the DVD came out. Sitting in the same hall with Yoko Kanno who promoted the new Cowboy Bebop movie was really something. Rin Taro was there too, introducing Manie Manie (Neo-Tokyo).

Interstella is one of those titles I can watch over and over again. Excellent stuff, even if you're not too much in electronic music.
Is there actually a story in there or just pretty pictures?
im not into electric music either, its just dp really. its a movie that follows the music on the discovery album. Even tho thereisnt any talking u get the jist ofit and i think it makes a pretty good movie
Of course there's a story! A good one, too.
But it's told exclusively through visuals & music since there's absolutely no dialogue in Interstella 5555, you see.

Check out the review at http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_...s/2795.php
elcoholic Wrote:Is there actually a story in there or just pretty pictures?

There's a story alright and it's a cool one considering there's no dialogue whatsoever. I went to the movies to watch the whole movie and I certainly didn't regret it!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]