The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Anime Convention in Boston - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Anime Convention in Boston (/thread-643.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Anime Convention in Boston - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 03-18-2003

Yep the word Gohan is pretty versitle you'll hear it just used as "meal time" constantly. I love all of the puns in Dragonball. It seems that eveyone is named after something else. Great manga, great show. I really can't wait until this con, by that time I should have this nasty infection cleared up and be ready to run. Everything is going to be so fun. I really look forward to it! How are you doing with the Japanese language otherwise morgorath? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anime Convention in Boston - OptimisticOx - 03-18-2003

well, japanese names are very often words, like maybe the name of a type of flower, I am pretty sure they dont just have names souly for the purpose of names.

Sure they do. The have names like we do. :mrgreen: Not evey name in japan means something.

yeah, but alot of them do, more then in americans who will sometimes but very often dont. I was just saying that it was not unusual that someone would have a name like gohan.

Having the name Gohan is the equivilent to being named "Dinner" here. Last names almost all of the time mean something, but first names are like ours. Big Grin

oh, I see, so it is odd.... I wonder how people would react if the characters names were actually translated and vegita was called vegitable and gohan was called rice. :mrgreen:

Anime Convention in Boston - DARK OSAMU - 03-18-2003

It would be stupid like changing whatever the real line is in DBZ to jeeba jabba and god bless america. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I have major beef with Funimation, and prefer not to think of them. Confusedweatdrop:

Anime Convention in Boston - OptimisticOx - 03-19-2003

yeah, especially since they will be doing One Piece right? :mrgreen: Sad

Anime Convention in Boston - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 03-19-2003

I don't even want to think about that one! After ruining my first favorite they are going for number 2! Damn them! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

its like they have cameras in your house, looking for things to piss you off. :mrgreen:

I'll be straping a bomb to myself soon. Confusedweatdrop:

I just hope that funimation comes out with decet translations for an R1 rip sometime in the future :mrgreen: .... although the HK subs are suprisingly not that bad (so far *prays for the best*)

I told you the subs on the One Piece subs aren't bad (if that is what you are reffering to). It is quite understandable, and better than alot of other releases as well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anime Convention in Boston - DARK OSAMU - 03-19-2003

You will submit to the cheat cloth!!!!