The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Anime Convention in Boston - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Anime Convention in Boston (/thread-643.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Anime Convention in Boston - morgorath - 03-16-2003

There is no way I can sell you mine before, after, or during the Con what I can do is pick you up one. But I need to know are you looking for just a "bamboo umbrella" or are you looking for a replica of Ryoga's. Because I got the last red one that is close to being like Ryoga's. They do have blue, green, black, and orange though. Oh and one more Red one but it has some white in it...

Oh and Dark and Suzkin check the anime fourm...

I am also thinking about hitting the Sakura-Con on April 4th. I would arrive in Seattle hit the con during my lay over and then catch my plane. I would also get to see the guys from Penny Arcade. Talk about sweet...

Anime Convention in Boston - Shibo - 03-16-2003

I will definitely be hitting Nan Desu Kan in denver this september if any of you nuts are up for it Wink

Anime Convention in Boston - morgorath - 03-16-2003

Shibo it is just going to be great hanging out with you and the rest of the posters
I can't wait until we are sitting there and munching on a pocky. Oh and I will be bring treats for all to share. Oh and Suzkin I have found you something great I was going to mail it but now I want to give it to you in person.

Anime Convention in Boston - Vicious - 03-17-2003

Ryoga's would be nice, but I'm not picky. You choose whichever one you think is the coolest looking one. I'm not in any rush, so whenever you get the time.

Anime Convention in Boston - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 03-17-2003

I heard treats! I'm not sure if I would be able to afford another con, but you never know? Right? :? Big Grin

Anime Convention in Boston - morgorath - 03-17-2003

Hey I am bring the mother load of Otaku treats and Kakoi I was let in on a joke
that goes running thru Dragonball Z... Would you like to know what it is...

First I have to ask you do you know what Gohan means...?

Yes I know what Gohan means. So let me in on it? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I once read that Gohan means earth or air or something like that.

Anime Convention in Boston - Shinn Asuka - 03-17-2003

Gohan means Rice O.o

Guess I was wrong then. I remember reading how all of Bulmas family was named after undergarments and how all of the Ginyu Force were named after Dairy products and Saiyans were named after Vegetables and how Gohan and Goku were named after earth and wind and land and stuff. The site I read it off of could have been wrong, but most of it made sense.

Anime Convention in Boston - OptimisticOx - 03-17-2003

yeah, it is rice, I found this translator that may help with some of the other names :mrgreen:

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html

Anime Convention in Boston - Shinn Asuka - 03-17-2003

Yeah, only problem is I can't make it to the con due to lack of funds and my foot being injured Confusedweatdrop: I thought everyone knew about it by now :|

Oh! And Morg, who are you in Schultz's long video in his (?) room? Were you playing Gamecube?

The Kuu in Gokuu means Sky. It is the kun reading for Sora. The ten in Goten means Heaven or other worldly. So there you go! Big Grin Big Grin

Anime Convention in Boston - morgorath - 03-18-2003

Ok to answer your questions...

Suzakuseikun Yes I am the one playing the Gamecube (Resident Evil) and making all those spiff commets. And being a Baka....

Kakoi... yes Gohan literaly translated means "Rice" but like most things this is correct yet is just the tip of the iceberg. When you use the word gohan in a sentance it does not mean rice. After being invited over for dinner at Ayoko-san's house she laid out the meal and called us to dinner. We came and I asked her if she said "Rice is ready" Because I heard the word gohan. She said no... What she had said was it is meal time or the meal is ready. It was thenshe asked how I knew gohan meant "rice" I told her about DBZ and her friend Mikou-san said oh that was in side joke. Put in
bye the Creator. In an interview when asked why he named his charcters after meals he said...

Since Son Goku is always fighting or eating. He had Chi Chi name thier son "Gohan" so that when she called "Gohan Desku" both of them would come. And For all that didn't get the joke they would have though Goku had named his son after his Grandpa...

So I was let in on a inside joke that has been on running for ten years...

Man that took way to long to explain...

Anime Convention in Boston - Shinn Asuka - 03-18-2003

Damn, now I wish I woulda met you guys. You're all so damn cool!