The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Pictures of ourselves - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Pictures of ourselves (/thread-3435.html)

Pictures of ourselves - Zagatto - 08-19-2004

Oh yeah... that's right.
This thread is about pictures of ourselves.

Here's one from my road trip last month of me with Katina on my back.
This was moments after the first time she said "wanna go home... wanna see my kitty cats..."

Pictures of ourselves - gubi-gubi - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by morgorath
See you just stated what I find wrong. A bowling alley is a privately owned establishment. If the owner wants people to be able to smoke it should be his choice. A public area is something the goverment controls like the bars on Military stations. Henc why most of they ban smoking inside.

I dont see why you would say that. Who cares if its privately owned? What difference does that make to me? Im still going and having smoke blown in my face the same as I would if it was a public library or something. You even said yourself if you sat next to someone who was smoking they would harm you.

Pictures of ourselves - kakomu - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by gubi-gubi
I dont see why you would say that. Who cares if its privately owned? What difference does that make to me? Im still going and having smoke blown in my face the same as I would if it was a public library or something. You even said yourself if you sat next to someone who was smoking they would harm you.

Don't sit next to them? Don't go to places that allow smoking? What you're saying is that you not only want places to cater to your will, but you want them to be forced to do so. That's an asshole way to think about it.

That, and the only time someone has ever blown smoke in my face is if they wanted to start a fight.

Pictures of ourselves - ladysilverice - 08-20-2004

When I was at school and I was a smoker, they designated certain places where we could smoke, most of them out of sight because it's unprofessional to be seen smoking in uniform, but for the most part it was the back side of barracks and places like that. They kept tightening rules on smoking because people were complaining about smelling smoke when they went outside and how they didn't like people standing around smoking. There ended up being a huge argument that broke out in the administration about rights to smoke.

Smokers are already limited in where they can go, but it's their right to smoke just as it's your right not to. If you know there's someplace that allows smoking and it really bothers you, then don't go there. Just like if there's someone you don't like being around, do you go to their house? No, that's dumb. Just avoid it if you don't like it. Like I said, smokers don't have a whole lot of choice anymore.

Pictures of ourselves - Mantis421 - 08-20-2004

Well up here where I live the banning in all public places was one thing, the local city government has put a 3$ per carton sales tax on each carton sold that gas stations ect have to pay the city just to sell them.

Pictures of ourselves - Ka-Talliya - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
Oh yeah... that's right.
This thread is about pictures of ourselves.

Here's one from my road trip last month of me with Katina on my back.
This was moments after the first time she said "wanna go home... wanna see my kitty cats..."

Your daughter is so cute!!

Pictures of ourselves - gubi-gubi - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Don't sit next to them? Don't go to places that allow smoking? What you're saying is that you not only want places to cater to your will, but you want them to be forced to do so. That's an asshole way to think about it.

That, and the only time someone has ever blown smoke in my face is if they wanted to start a fight.

Why should I have to not go somewhere because someone wants to smoke? All they have to do is get up and walk outside. Its not wanting to make somewhere cater to what I want, its a matter of peoples health. And if privately owned places are allowed to let people smoke then chances are they are going to let them smoke so then its not a case of going somewhere else when everywhere lets people smoke.

why should a smoker not be able to go somewhere to cater to someone else. I mean their is other places a person can go. This only works both ways if places are alowed to be one way or the other. UP here the city took it apon themselves to make all bars ect nonsmoking. You are going to eather cater to the one or the other depending how you set things up. I just feel if a private establishment wants to allow smokers they shouldn't have a city telling them sorry even if it hurts your business no smokers period. And just so everyone knows I am a non smoker for 7 years now

Pictures of ourselves - ladysilverice - 08-20-2004

I don't understand why this is such a big deal, because I don't know about where you live, but where I live, there aren't that many places left anymore that allow smoking. Other than bars and a few choice restaurants, there aren't many places that do. Why is it so hard to simply avoid those places?
One thing I am totally against is getting rid of smoking in bars. A bar is supposed to be a haven for things like the reek of alcohol and cigarettes. To be honest (havn't touched a cigarette in over a year and a half and don't plan to), there is nothing more relaxing than a good cigarette and a cold beer. A bar is a place to unwind with the guys, light up a cigarette and have a beer. Why would you want to take that away from someone? PROLONGED exposure to second hand smoke results in health problems, as in, you live with someone who smokes, but sitting in the same bar with a guy who smokes is not going to kill you. It's YOUR CHOICE to continue sitting there. No one is making you.

THE SUN IS GOING TO GIVE YOU CANCER!!! QUICK BLOT OUT THE SUN!!! AHHHHHH!!! Sorry, had to be sarcastic for a second there. :p

Pictures of ourselves - Vicious - 08-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by ladysilverice

THE SUN IS GOING TO GIVE YOU CANCER!!! QUICK BLOT OUT THE SUN!!! AHHHHHH!!! Sorry, had to be sarcastic for a second there. :p

Don't quit your day job. Your sarcasm needs some work.

Even being a non smoker I admitt it is unfair that they are even making rules that in public you have to smoke in designated area's otherwise you can get ticketed in the town I live in. Just like the comedian Dennis Leary said " smokers are going to have to smoke in a room with the lights off with a blanket over them" . Just because I am a non smoker I am not going to become a total ass and try to make laws to force one group to have to go elsewere to have fun because I am being selfish

Pictures of ourselves - Zagatto - 08-20-2004

Here in Ontario they just made it illegal to smoke in any public building including bars and resteraunts and even smoke shops.
My neighbour owns a bar and his revenues are 75% below what they were this time last year. That's even with such factors as SARS and the power blackout we had here last year.
A very large percentage of bar patrons are also smokers.
If people don't want smoking in bars then they should look to finding ways to make an incentive for bar owners rather than just making it illegal.

I'm not talking about government owned buildings like libraries or police stations. I'm talking about privately owned businesses that are open to the public. If the owner makes more money by having smoking sections then he should have the right to allow smoking in the place that he owns.

Of course we could just outlaw smoking all together. It is a drain on the medical system and generally bad for a persons health.

I can just see the roaring 20s happening all over again with speakeasies operating in back rooms where people who know the right password can come in and smoke. Go back and look in your history books to see how successful prohibition was.

The only way they would be able to pull it off banning cigarets completely is if the governments would figure out something new for the tobacco farmers. Their is whole states here in the USA that tobacco and cotton are their only cash crops. I am sure their would be a interesting war so to speak to do it. Plus I think making cigarets illegal would only cause new types of crime

Pictures of ourselves - kakomu - 08-20-2004

Zagatto Wrote:I can just see the roaring 20s happening all over again with speakeasies operating in back rooms where people who know the right password can come in and smoke. Go back and look in your history books to see how successful prohibition was.

especially considering the prevelance of mary jane, it seems that it would be rather easy to make cigs and sell for a premium.

when proabition happened in the 20s Marijuana, tobacco were two items they wanted to put on that list at the time. Overal they couldn't get the support on the tobacco and Marijuana was banned less then 15 years later.