The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Samurai Champloo - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Samurai Champloo (/thread-5837.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Samurai Champloo - Andromeda18_ - 03-23-2006

What about the subs? Any problems?

Samurai Champloo - desfunk - 03-24-2006

I've only watched 1 episode dubbed so far. Also, i just read someones Requiem review, saying that the video quality gets better on the later discs. So maybe that happens with champloo as well? I'll probably make a full 'real' review when i finish watching the entire series.

Samurai Champloo - The Swan - 03-24-2006

the subs are Out of synch unfortunatelly, by a second or more Sad

Samurai Champloo - desfunk - 03-27-2006

Geez, that does suck. Makes me glad that i buy perfect sets for their dubs instead Tongue

Anyways, i'm onto the second disc of champloo. And other then some crazy artifacting during fight scenes, and the random blotchiness of really dark scenes, it isn't THAT bad. I love this series too much though, i may some day just suck up and buy the real
R1 set of it. To have it in full perfection.

Samurai Champloo - Puppet Master - 03-27-2006

desfunk Wrote:Geez, that does suck. Makes me glad that i buy perfect sets for their dubs instead Tongue

Anyways, i'm onto the second disc of champloo. And other then some crazy artifacting during fight scenes, and the random blotchiness of really dark scenes, it isn't THAT bad. I love this series too much though, i may some day just suck up and buy the real
R1 set of it. To have it in full perfection.

So how would you rate it on a 1-5 scale 5 being best 1 being worst?

Samurai Champloo - desfunk - 03-28-2006

You talking about the set overall? Or specific areas?

For me anyways, i'd give the overall set a 4. The dub track is great, and the video issues haven't bothered me THAT much. (though perfectionists would probably bitch about them.) I've seen much better Perfect Sets though. Still, it's well worth owning just to HAVE this series on dvd. Since it's one of the very few anime i've actually enjoyed in the last few years.

Also, the break down of the discs:
1- 8 episodes
2- 8 episodes
3- 10 episodes (and surprisingly not much of a dif in video quality)

And from what i've tested, the subs ARE out of sync by a full second almost. I've only tried this during the end credits, and they were off.

Samurai Champloo - bmvtoys - 04-04-2006

actually they are off by 1/2 a second, but most people cant read fast enough anywho. If anyone is having issues with "enlarged screen playback" (not sure if this was commented on yet so forgive me). Switch your player to 16:9 mode, and it will play correctly.

The artifacting is no worse then most series, i think people are being overly critical, ive seen far worse.

B