The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Sun Devil DVD Question - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Sun Devil DVD Question (/thread-5656.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sun Devil DVD Question - rugrats1 - 12-02-2005

Idol Wrote:They have a golden surface, just like most of my FX DVDs. That doesn't mean they are burned DVD-Rs.

Generally, they aren't. DVDs that have a silver or gold surface are professional DVDs (though most official releases have a silver surface). DVDs that have a colored surface (usually purple) are DVD-Rs.

Sun Devil DVD Question - hbk101 - 12-02-2005

gubi-gubi Wrote:I have never seen a dvd-r that is gold. I'm sure they do exist but they are rare. I see lots of swirly patters on my official discs that doesn't mean they are dvd-r. You may just have a poor quality printed hk that is still factory pressed but with poor quality covers etc.
Aren't you disregarding the part about "Hewlitt Packard printed sleeves"?????
It's undoubtly DVD-r unless you insist on saying Hewlett Packard is lately expanding their business to HK boots :eek:

Sun Devil DVD Question - Idol - 12-03-2005

It's quite normal for HK bootlegers to deliver their discs in paper sleeves, attached outside the boxset or put inside single keep cases. Mainly because it
a) protects them against scratches
b) saves time & workers, putting each disc in its holder.

Does it really say "Hewlitt Packard" on the sleeves?:confused: That would be new. Maybe they ran out of neutral sleeves and had to use those instead?

Sun Devil DVD Question - rugrats1 - 12-03-2005

Idol Wrote:Does it really say "Hewlitt Packard" on the sleeves?:confused: That would be new. Maybe they ran out of neutral sleeves and had to use those instead?

And usually, the sleeves are plain and unbranded. To be honest, I don't think any major computer manufacturer (HP included) makes paper CD sleeves, and I don't think anyone puts their beand on them (unless the sleeves were actually part of the blank CD package, such as Memorex).

Come to think of it, I don't know if HP makes recording media -- just computers and printers, and some of their parts.

Sun Devil DVD Question - gubi-gubi - 12-03-2005

rugrats1 Wrote:And usually, the sleeves are plain and unbranded. To be honest, I don't think any major computer manufacturer (HP included) makes paper CD sleeves, and I don't think anyone puts their beand on them (unless the sleeves were actually part of the blank CD package, such as Memorex).

Come to think of it, I don't know if HP makes recording media -- just computers and printers, and some of their parts.

I think the HP bit was added to point out the front covers looked home printed. Hmm forgot about this printed covers thing... Makes it seem more dvd-r but the gold discs tell another story... What do the normal EZDVD covers look like? Good quality?

Sun Devil DVD Question - jarjar111 - 12-04-2005

Depends on what Anime series your talking about. I will post what a EZ DVD Case Looks like later.

Sun Devil DVD Question - Idol - 12-04-2005

As mentioned before I have a copy of EZDVD's Wolf's Rain right here. The cover is printed from both sides and looks pretty sharp and colorful. Just as good as other EZDVD covers (Azumanga Daioh, Paranoia Agent, Battle Angel) and en par with FX covers. Too bad I've no digicam to take pictures of it. But the front looks exactly like this:
[Image: wolfsrain.jpg]

Sun Devil DVD Question - fastsixty6 - 12-04-2005

That is the one I got. I've been buying HK stuff for about 2 years and this is the first time I've recieved any anime in this kind of setup. I have to admit the Hewlett Packard remark was infact to say it looks home printed, however, we have people here who claim it's not.

My post was due to the shock of recieving anime in this setup. It's not nearly as glitzie and glamorie as all the other HK stuff I have. I have just grown so acustomed to the nice packaging of the three winged folder, that to get something like this by compairison is ghetto.

Sorry to cause all the crazy debate. The copy that Idol is talking about is indeed the copy I got in the mail. But I'd like to avoid this manufacture, simply because the packaging isn't up to par with the compition.

Thx,
Branden

Sun Devil DVD Question - lugnut - 12-04-2005

elcoholic Wrote:He is when he cares to reply to questions. When he's on vacation for 2 months and noone reply's to questions that's another question. SDD is ok but no more than that. Stuff gets send out 2 weeks after you order and not the best communication. They deliver just fine but no outstanding service in my experience.

It was a little more complicated I believe. His ban was BS and, well picking fights is what he does best. Can you blame himWink

Anyway, its ok to talk about other stores and our experience with them, just don't say xx store has xx set cheaper than here so lets all go there.

just like you were banned from cookiejarvideo i remember you DH! you drag the scene down lose some weight fat man

Sun Devil DVD Question - Elcoholic - 12-05-2005

I'm not banned from CJV.

And who or what is DH? And who the fuck are you? You got a grudge against me for something than use your normal name and just say it. If not, go look for attention somewhere else moron.

(I really hope this is not Jugdish with whom I had a little argument over at CJV)

Sun Devil DVD Question - gubi-gubi - 12-05-2005

fastsixty6 Wrote:Sorry to cause all the crazy debate.

Don't worry we love crazy debates! Gives us something to talk about other than BabyEater!

Sun Devil DVD Question - lugnut - 12-06-2005

Idol Wrote:As mentioned before I have a copy of EZDVD's Wolf's Rain right here. The cover is printed from both sides and looks pretty sharp and colorful. Just as good as other EZDVD covers (Azumanga Daioh, Paranoia Agent, Battle Angel) and en par with FX covers. Too bad I've no digicam to take pictures of it. But the front looks exactly like this:
[Image: wolfsrain.jpg]

leave it out in the sun for 1 day an it with completly fade

your all funding triade gangs by purchusing jj's dvd's , looks like import anime is the next "import specilist dvd online store to close"

people are always watching Wink enjoy your fine an jail time pirate scum! you reap what you sew an the reaper is coming

Sun Devil DVD Question - Elcoholic - 12-06-2005

Ehh, you already did this routine last time you were here. You know, before you got banned for lying about everything and stuff Wink

Sorry guys, seems he's just as stupid as ever. Don't think there will be alot of fun to be had this time either. He hasn't gotten any smarter.

Sun Devil DVD Question - inuyashawndscar - 12-13-2005

Yeah I bought somthing from Sundevil last week and they shipped me a package but instead of the 5 items i bought i recieved only 2 and 1 i didnt even order so i tried emailing him like 4 times and i never recieved any reply from him and i am starting to get really pissed off! That is the last time i shop there again!

Sun Devil DVD Question - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 12-23-2005

Vicious Wrote:You're asking about a competitors site here?? Wouldn't it make more sense to ask them on their forums?

By the way, I hate them bastards. I hate the mods on their forums more than the actual owner. Although the site in itself is pretty shady since they try tricking people into believing that they're selling legit DVD's. Not sure if things have changed there now, but it used to be that if you mentioned the term 'bootleg' in your post, it got edited.

Woooo, someone is moody. Big Grin