The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
You're first HK DVD? - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Babble (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: You're first HK DVD? (/thread-862.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You're first HK DVD? - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-17-2003

I hate buying HK DVDs in store. One company tried to sell me the Love Hina Spring Special DVD for $20!!!! :mrgreen:

You're first HK DVD? - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 02-17-2003

I've never seen them in a store. :? You know where I live. I know that has alot to do with it. Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop:

You're first HK DVD? - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-17-2003

Yeah I was looking in Connetticut. As long as you are above the Mason-Dixon Line you are all set. :mrgreen:

You're first HK DVD? - KS - 02-17-2003

Initial D: Second Stage

You're first HK DVD? - GTR_Ripper - 02-22-2003

My first HK dvd, Was Cowboy Bebop FX. When i bought it off ebay I was convinced it was real, but it tured out to be a bootleg.

You're first HK DVD? - Night - 02-22-2003

My first was the Trigun DVD set from FX. It was near perfect I was so happy Smile

You're first HK DVD? - OptimisticOx - 02-22-2003

I got trigun and yes I knew it was bootleg

You're first HK DVD? - kakoi_sugoi_yama - 02-22-2003

I own Trigun on R1's. I didn't know about HK's. I'm so glad I found them. Big Grin

yeah it seems like a lot of people have trigun R1, I just got all of gundam wing R1, it makes a nice addition to me collection, and takes up alot of space to make my collection look cooler too. :mrgreen:

You're first HK DVD? - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-22-2003

Wouldn't it take away space? Anyways, I bought them on VHS. Cry

yes that is what I meant...I think I will edit it... :mrgreen:

You're first HK DVD? - Vicious - 02-22-2003

My first one was the Cowboy Bebop Perfect collection. I thought the price was too good, but didn't figure out it was a bootleg until a month or two later. Funny thing is, I found out because some guy on Ebay was preaching about bootlegs. You should leave Robert Woodhead alone, he seems like a nice guy. I've bought stuff from animeigo in the past and he always answers even the dumbest emails. I mean how many other CEO's do you know that would take the time to write back and answer our questions.

You're first HK DVD? - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-23-2003

I'm kidding about Robert Woodhead, I like him. I think sometimes he should stop his crusade on HK DVDs and release his shit on time. I rushed to get my YUA Box Set 2 in on time (November, because it was coming out Mid-December). It got pushed from January all the way to March. Gee, thanks!!!! Anyways I'm helping to put his kid through college. I bought the R1 KOR Box Set, UY TV VHS 1-25 (minus 5 which is on DVD), OMG DVDs, and all lot of his other releases like Shonan Bokazoko (bad spelling). I even pledged to buy Macross on R1. I have a right to joke around. :mrgreen:

You're first HK DVD? - Vicious - 02-23-2003

yeah, i'm waiting for YUA boxset 2 also. I noticed his crusade against HK dvd's also. I don't know what he thinks he can do to change any of it, but oh well. steve, i was wondering if you've seen the HK version of Orange Road and how the subs compare to the Animeigo subs.

You're first HK DVD? - Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 02-23-2003

I haven't. Though there are fansubs of the series from Team abcb. So the series should be decent. Having been an Animeigo fan for years, I can only expect the best. In all honesty they are my favorite R1 company. I have just about all of their releases minus the smaller OAVs. They wouldn't be nearly as good because Animeigo doesn't mess around with their subtitles though their dubs suck!!!! Tongue