The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Import Anime Forums
Sun Devil DVD Question - Printable Version

+- Import Anime Forums (https://import-anime.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Anime/HK DVD Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Anime Discussion (https://import-anime.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Sun Devil DVD Question (/thread-5656.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sun Devil DVD Question - Cyrus - 11-07-2005

as far as posting other sites i don't ussually but sometimes i do if import doesen't have much of a selection for what the person is looking for.

THe site i go to has a WAY bigger selection then import does and thats why i ussually never consider buying from import

But it is a tiny bit cheaper so....

Sun Devil DVD Question - Elcoholic - 11-08-2005

pKjd Wrote:You should. Nasser (the owner) is probably the nicest guy ever. I never really had a bad experience for the whole 2 years I've been shopping there.

He is when he cares to reply to questions. When he's on vacation for 2 months and noone reply's to questions that's another question. SDD is ok but no more than that. Stuff gets send out 2 weeks after you order and not the best communication. They deliver just fine but no outstanding service in my experience.

pKjd Wrote:Are you still mad because Neka banned you from our boards? It's your own fault for trying to pick a racial fight with her. Anyway, get over it already!

It was a little more complicated I believe. His ban was BS and, well picking fights is what he does best. Can you blame himWink

Anyway, its ok to talk about other stores and our experience with them, just don't say xx store has xx set cheaper than here so lets all go there.

Sun Devil DVD Question - Cyrus - 11-08-2005

well yeah there is a big difference between saying this place has the set you want or hey you want japanese candy and other merchandise too try this site and saying hey this site is way cheaper and better in every respect then import and import sucks or something. both import anime and the other site i go to often have good points

Sun Devil DVD Question - jarjar111 - 11-08-2005

Oh ok.. Do you know if Nasser is on vaction this month?!!? He hasnt answered my emails and it just says processed under one of my orders and nothing happended a couple days later? Also if you purchase another item from him, and it gets processed will he include that in the first order?

Thanks guys hope this isnt overboard! :confused: :confused: :eek:

Sun Devil DVD Question - Elcoholic - 11-09-2005

I don't know. I haven't been there since my one order about 2 years ago. I wasn't satisfied (cause I'm used to JJ's service) so never went back. Used to read the forums there now and then and there were lots of complaints about emails not getting answered and stuff not getting send out when he was on vacation.

Still, I wouldn't worry since they won't rip you off. Wait a week or two after your order was placed and if he still hasn't answered by then post on their forum and mention you do so cause they haven't answered your emails. I've always suspected that he doesn't have everything on his site in stock so he might need to get some from his supplier before he can send your stuff out.

Sun Devil DVD Question - fastsixty6 - 12-01-2005

I recently purchased something off of SDD. It was a FX copy of a series which I have been waiting for Region 3 dubbed version for quite awhile. Well, I got prompt service; ordered on Sunday, got it on Thursday with the free shipping. However the copy I got wasn't a FX standard flip out box packaging. Also, it's just a burned DvD, with Hewlitt Packard printed sleeves. Haven't placed it in my player yet to watch, but if the quality sucks I'm gonna be upset.

I personally haven't bought from Import in awhile because the selection for what I am looking for hasn't been there. Luckily I have a region three store right by my house in San Diego. Easier to return lemons to a place that's not online too.

I do give props to Import-Anime, the service I have recieved from them and the products have been top notch.

thx,
Branden

Sun Devil DVD Question - jarjar111 - 12-01-2005

FX is Dead, Ez is either them or another company which is filling in their spot. Ez DVDs dont come in flip box's or gratefolds, they come in singualr plastic DVD cases. Arent all Import anime DVDs burned, they are copies of the orginals... right?.. What did you order?

hoped this help bud..:confused: Cool

Sun Devil DVD Question - gubi-gubi - 12-01-2005

jarjar111 Wrote:Arent all Import anime DVDs burned, they are copies of the orginals... right?.. What did you order?

hoped this help bud..:confused: Cool

Nope burned means burnt in a drive onto a dvd-r with a laser. Factory 'pressed' discs are what all HKs should be and what official dvds are also.

Sun Devil DVD Question - jarjar111 - 12-01-2005

Oh ok, thanks didnt know that...Big Grin :confused:

Sun Devil DVD Question - fastsixty6 - 12-01-2005

I ordered Wolf's Rain with Enhlish dub (that's right Enhlish. Was misspelled on the box). The DvD's have the golden look with the faint tree ring type markings on them which are a sure sign of just a cheap burned copy.

So people are publishing region 3 stuff with the FX logo on it even though FX is no longer a company?

Sun Devil DVD Question - Puppet Master - 12-01-2005

You guys need to be a bit more clear about your problem first off R3? Is that right?

Anyways FX has been dead for quite a while and EZDVD basically took over their work.

Sun Devil DVD Question - Elcoholic - 12-02-2005

EZDVD uses the fx logo.

And fastsixty6, all HKDVD's are region 0 which is no region so I'm not sure what you mean with region 3. It could be a copy of the region 3 but I doubt there would be a english dub on it. BTW, welcome to the forums.

Anyway, I think its pretty fucked up that there now is a second big store delivering dvdr's.

Sun Devil DVD Question - fastsixty6 - 12-02-2005

Oh, I've had the understanding for quite sometime that Region 3 was the HK stuff. So wherever I say Region 3 that's what I'm talking about.

I was just talking about this recent order i got from SDD, that basicly gives the appearence of a home burned DvD set. Every set I've got from import-anime or from the place in my home town has come out in the 3 page flip folder sets. This one did not. This one also has the golden hue of a burned dvd, where as all the other HK stuff I've got has been professionally stamped (or whatever you call it).

Has anyone else bought Wolf's Rain HK with English Dub?

Sun Devil DVD Question - gubi-gubi - 12-02-2005

fastsixty6 Wrote:Oh, I've had the understanding for quite sometime that Region 3 was the HK stuff. So wherever I say Region 3 that's what I'm talking about.

I was just talking about this recent order i got from SDD, that basicly gives the appearence of a home burned DvD set. Every set I've got from import-anime or from the place in my home town has come out in the 3 page flip folder sets. This one did not. This one also has the golden hue of a burned dvd, where as all the other HK stuff I've got has been professionally stamped (or whatever you call it).

Has anyone else bought Wolf's Rain HK with English Dub?

I think you may be wrong on a few accounts. First of all R3 is official HK dvds. R0 are illegal (not allways but the term is used mainly for bootlegs) copies ripped from the official discs or tv. Second of all gold discs are usually factory pressed discs. I have never seen a dvd-r that is gold. I'm sure they do exist but they are rare. I see lots of swirly patters on my official discs that doesn't mean they are dvd-r. You may just have a poor quality printed hk that is still factory pressed but with poor quality covers etc.

Sun Devil DVD Question - Idol - 12-02-2005

fastsixty6 Wrote:I ordered Wolf's Rain with Enhlish dub (that's right Enhlish. Was misspelled on the box). The DvD's have the golden look with the faint tree ring type markings on them which are a sure sign of just a cheap burned copy.

I have EZDVD's Wolf's Rain here. Sku# W005. 4 discs in a single DVD case with flapper. That's EZDVD's standard packaging for multi disc sets. They have a golden surface, just like most of my FX DVDs (about 30 boxsets, collected over the years). That doesn't mean they are burned DVD-Rs. Who said that?

If you watch it and the video quality sucks, check out my review here at I-A and you'll know why.