Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Excel Saga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Oh my god this is a funny series. Last night my friends and I popped in the first dvd and watched five episodes. I've haven't laughed so much in years. My face was sore and my throat was raw from laughing so much. For anyone who has played a dating sim before, Love Puny will have you on the floor gasping for breath. Overall an awesome series, the rate at which they pull out jokes and satire is staggering. You'd think they'd have just about spent all their source material after episode three. How they can keep up this pace for 26 episodes is beyond me, but I can't wait to see how.

Check it out if you haven't seen it, for those who have, does it stay this good the whole way through? =)

Oh, also, on a side note, this anime has one of the best dubs I have ever heard. Everyone is cast so perfectly it's ridiculous. The voice actor for Excel throws so much into the part you'd think she'd pass out after a single 5 second clip.
yeah, I laughed my ass off when I got the first dvd. but then I got the second one and it wasn't really that great....sigh....but I will still get it if a better HK set comes out.
The odd numbered discs are better!!!! I love the dating sim choice "Stick it in". :mrgreen:
hmmmm... thats odd.
Oh man, ever since I bought the first disc, I buy them all every chance I get. They are so hilarious, and I REFUSE to buy an HK DVD of the series, because ADV deserves the money for doing such a wonderful job with this release.

I got up to volume 3 at the moment. If only I had the money for 4 and 5 !!!!!!
Same here. I could have bought 4 the other day but instead I picked up Street Fighter III Double Impact for my Dreamcast. :mrgreen:
yeah, it is a great series, one of the best, but I dont have the money to collect it all R1.
Yeah you do, quit lieing. Just get it over with already, and buy the damn DVD. *Mr. T voice* :mrgreen:
godamm, the eng VA for Excel gives me a headache, I can't even undrstand half the time waht she is saying...good series though :wink:
The dub is beyond terrible. She sounds annoying and it hurts your ears. :twisted:
I had to sit down after watching it, l felt really exhausted concentrating hard on what Excel was saying, and paying attention to the gags....
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Yeah you do, quit lieing. Just get it over with already, and buy the damn DVD. *Mr. T voice* :mrgreen:

I am sorry Master T. *cowers in the corner*
This is one of those times where it's nice to be someone who prefers subs to dubs.. Excel's English voice actress changes, either for disc 4 or 5, not sure which..All that screaming the original VA did made her hurt her voice and she had to be replaced.. They were originally allowing her a lot of time in between trips to the studio to keep her healthy but they cut the time in half because the studio wanted to get the discs out faster and that's what happened.. Kinda sucks, eh? I'm actually in the middle of watching Disc 4 right now.. The second episode on this disc is absolutely hilarious. =)
yeah, I'm surprised that the origonal voice actor made it as far as they did. Really annoying...
hehe i have discs 1,2,4 but i haven't watched any of it but a few episodes on disc 1.. And our BX here isn't getting 3 in.. they are stupid when it comes to ordering anime.. its like they pick up a few discs in the middle and never the rest..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5