Import Anime Forums

Full Version: dvds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
im a noob with this website and all the dvds in here. y are they so damn cheap? i saw reviews mentioning rips and stuff and i saw hong kong dvds so im now very confused. i first noticed cheap dvds on them bidding websites so i thought id go figure out where they got them. Also i saw chinese subtitles. i thought chinese subtitles were only on vcds. all in all, my question, again, is what and where did these dvds come from. it would be great if my inquiry would be answered thanks....

oh yeah, the best anime ive seen so far is Grave of the Fireflies. very powerful.
The DVDs on this site come from Hong Kong. They are ripped from various sources. They are cheap because they aren't official products. (they are just as good in some cases) All releases have chinese and english subtitles. Some are good some are bad. That is why this site has reviews from real people. Check them out, and welcome to the site. Big Grin
HK ALL THE WAY!!! Welcome! JJ is the HK GOD! Now go order Berserk! :!: We are all here to help you and will guid you through your Anime needs and many other things as well. Have fun and enjoy the Piracy! AARRR!!!!!

BTW: We need a smilie with an eyepatch....IDEA!
thanks fer the info fellas. thats really interesting becuz i was wondering y people were sellin them for dirt cheap on ebay or half.com. Berserk?....is that a series?...ill look into it. has anyone seen any Zone of the Enders? the new z.o.e. game looks pretty nice. thanks again.....
Yes Berserk is a series. One of the best there is. Go buy it. Now. Big Grin Big Grin
Berserk HK is a good set. Great subs

This site has the largest database of reviews I've seen and its all written by us, the fans so most of them are accurate.

JJ is a real nice guy, great customer service here
I need to go write about 20 more reviews for all this stuff I just watched. Big Grin
wow! I have to write 2.
I've been lazy/busy. I have watched alot of stuff, and all I can think about is getting more. Big Grin
yeah, for me it is watch, go on computer, watch, go on computer so I just do it right after I write a review after I watch everything.
Put some time into the reviews. People who did the Rayerth set didn't mention audio problems. *grumble grumble*
they probably didnt watch the whole set before they posted it.
Yeah, I'm not a newbie by any stretch (except to this site), but I love the reviews. I hated having to try to buy DVD's in the past and not knowing how good the subs were. I always wanted the Maison Ikkoku set, but wasn't sure until I read stevethetalkingpies review. By the way, he does put up the most detailed reviews. Thanks. I'm going to go put up my first review now. I just got the Love Hina perfect collection.
How was that set? What was the quality of the specials cause Spring Special aint out on R1 yet. They seemed to be pushing it by putting on 3 dvds, should have been 4.

Steves just really passionate about Maison Ikkoku, I think hhe wrote 2 reviews of MI.
I really don't like when people write a review after one episode. That tells me that one episode is good, but the rest of the series is a blank. Reviews that say 'I only had time to watch the first episode" I just skip right over.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5