Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Do all gatefold HK DVDs come with the plastic dust cover?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That the FX ones typically come with?
Most MAC covers are cardboard ones but I think some of their new stuff has the clear plastic cover
Every MI/AC title I have has them. :mrgreen:
I have a MI title that has generic packaging with a cardboard cover.

I heard they stopped putting out the generic stuff cause everyone hated them so I guess I was one of the unlucky ones
Why exactly do you mean but cardboard cover? :mrgreen:
Instead of the graphics being printed directly on the gatefold itself, its printed on a cardboard sleeve (just like the clear plastic one MI's sets have but only in...cardboard!) and the outside of the gatefold in most of MAC's cases is generic

Order a MAC set and you'll probably find out.
So far I have been lucky. All of mine have the nice plastic slip cover. Big Grin Big Grin
Most of my HKs are FX and they all have the plastic cover. With the box sets I have, that are the plastic covered gatefolds in a cardboard box, I just cut around the opening to the DVDs and left the shrink wrap on the cardboard boxes. Hopefully will protect from dust and fading.
You might also get the kind that looks like a regular US dvd case and it'll have either one or two dvd's inside. This is what I got for FX's Someday's Dreamers and Haibane Renmei. FLCL as well, although I'm not sure if that was FX. I like those cases.
matthewmalay Wrote:Instead of the graphics being printed directly on the gatefold itself, its printed on a cardboard sleeve (just like the clear plastic one MI's sets have but only in...cardboard!) and the outside of the gatefold in most of MAC's cases is generic

Order a MAC set and you'll probably find out.

I know what you're talking about. The Tylor sets I got were like that.
Vicious Wrote:I know what you're talking about. The Tylor sets I got were like that.
Same here, for the Here & There, Now & There set I have. Just says MAC on the gatefold. At least the dvd's came with images and doesn't just say MAC.
Nina182B Wrote:Same here, for the Here & There, Now & There set I have. Just says MAC on the gatefold. At least the dvd's came with images and doesn't just say MAC.

Thats kinda funny because I ordered the set of the same series from MAC and on the case it says FX, but I looked at the tiny print on the DVD and it says MAC. Whats up with that?? :confused: Although it does have a shiny slipcover, and not a cardboard one like the trigun set I have.
-spike- Wrote:Thats kinda funny because I ordered the set of the same series from MAC and on the case it says FX, but I looked at the tiny print on the DVD and it says MAC. Whats up with that?? :confused: Although it does have a shiny slipcover, and not a cardboard one like the trigun set I have.
At a certain time FX was really big and so Mac thought they'd bootleg their logo to help their sets sell.
My Tylor OAV set is like that with the cardboard slipcase. (got it from Vicious lol) However, my TV set from mac had a plastic slipcase. I havn't seen many of these but the X gundam set I traded for is like this too.
My, my, this is one old thread.

Well I haven't got one of generic gatefolds from MAC in a long, long time but I remember asking JJ if the Tylor sets still had generic gatefolds not too long ago and unfortunately he said yes so I never bought it cause of that reason
Pages: 1 2