Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Has an anime ever made you cry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Cry I just finished watching Grave of the Fireflies last weekend. Since then I've been asking myself some questions...

Have any of you ever expressed extreme emotion towards an anime? If so which one? This subject really interests me.
Yes, of course. 8)

Grave of the fireflies indeed, for the reasons that you know :wink:

Mimi o sumaseba and Omoide poro poro for the end, because (spoiler)
that was very beautiful and more of hapiness

Evangelion the serie for the end again, because i was very happy to see Shinji succeed on his path. He found himself and everyone congratulates him.

Jin roh, for SPOILER the shot at the end of the anime and the music of Mizoguchi.

And others.... :wink:
I really need to see Grave of the Firefly one of these days. Everyone online always says it's a fricking life changing experience.
As for myself, not really cry, but I have felt sad. Mostly because the show is over. Though Vision of Escaflowne's ending got to m a little more. And Cowboy's Bebop, don't get me started. Hellsing made me cry tears of amazement at it's ending Smile The sheer amount of coolness surging from the show destroyed my nervous systems. Or something.
Grave ofthe Firelies made me cry also. I heard it was a really sad movie so I figured out what was gonna happen beforehand but it was just so sad when it actually happened.

I agree with you Vinny!! I need to see Grave of the Fireflys as well..everyone is always saying how great it is..I have yet to actually check it out. Hmm..there are some animes that have had that affect on me..but I cannot think of them at the moment! lol I am braindead right now...
The deaths in Fushigi Yuugi made me cry.

X Tv episode 16 made me cry (Subaru and Seishirou episode)

X Tv's deaths were all very sad.
Yeah Grave of the Fireflies was very sad, though I watched it with my mom. Cry

OH! I know! This is not anime..but the movie "Dancer In The Dark" with Bjork will rip you apart. Oh gawsh..like I remember I took the movie at my best friend emilys house and her, her mom and I watched it together..emily had to get up a few times because she was"disturbed by it" but at the end all of us were bawling. That movie will rip anyoneeeeee apart. Haha and it is one of my favorite films of ALL TIME! Yep.
Take care,
~Todd
Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

X Tv's deaths were all very sad.
SPOLIERS - highlight to read
It was very sad when Sorata died, he was one of the coolest characters of that series

Suzaku's edit: Fixed the name.
I'm an emotional brick. Bring it on!!!! I can take it!!!! :mrgreen:
While I never used to cry on anything TV/Movie related. Starting last year, almost every anime has at least one scene that makes me cry :roll: (mostly death-related though) . X TV, and Fushigi Yuugi, of course to name a few.

Ok it still isin't quite anime but when a certain someone Spolier:
Aeris died in FF VII..that is an emotional moment indeed. I still cannot believe they killed her..those bastards..hmm..ahh I should play FF VII soon. First I gotta start and finish Silent Hill 2 and finish Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X. So it will be ahwilleee.
~Todd
I am an emtional brick too but I like a show that is able to make you go OMG That is so awsome. If it can make others such as yourselves feel for the characters it is a job WELL DONE. I don't get emotional about that stuff but can put myself into the characters perspective and see why things are sad, happy, exciting... that's how you know it was worth watching. And Silent Hill 2 will freak anyone out! Can't wait for number 3!
Have seen a video clip for it and it puts 2 to shame! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hmm, the end of Bebop and of course Grave of the Fireflies got me pretty misty eyed. I haven't seen Yugi yet but I've heard that can get pretty emotional on all accounts. I also dropped a tear for [Edited out by Suzaku - I haven't seen Eva and I'd rather not have spoliers. Kthnxbye] death in eva.

Btw, Silent Hill 1 was far far scarier and oppresive than Silent Hill 2. If you haven't tried it yet you should ^_^ I know a few people who just outright refused to play it anymore after the first hour, and everyone else I know couldn't play it for more than 2 hours at a time.[/b]
There have been a few anime's that have gotten to me, but lately the show One Piece has gotten to me the most. The characters in it are just so good. For those who have seen it you know what I'm talking about. Sad Sad Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7