Import Anime Forums

Full Version: For All The Cell Phone Oweners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i heard from my friend (whom works for cingular) that they might drop T9 (predictive text option) from the options on the next generation of Cell phones because the Cell companies think that people don't actually use T9. Personally i like T9 alot and would prefer that it stays on cell phones. He said increasing the page hits for the T9 site would show that people still use T9. Anyway if you use T9, want to do me a favor or would like to keep T9 on the next generation of cells visit their site located here (i think just giving them the page hit is enough): http://www.textfast.t9.com/index1.htm
I don't have that feature, but heck, a few clicks never hurt anyone.
I don't use it myself but I know many, if not most, who do.

I don't think they'll take it out.
I never use it myself. Couple friends like it but when I watch them text it seems more frustrating than helpful. I can text way faster than them without it. Rolleyes
Cidien Wrote:I never use it myself. Couple friends like it but when I watch them text it seems more frustrating than helpful. I can text way faster than them without it. Rolleyes

Same here plus the words I use never seem to show up and I can't be arsed programming it. I doubt they would ditch it though. Would anger users of it and I doubt it takes up much space or is hard to add to new phones so it wouldn't be very productive to ditch it.
well thanks for the help anyway guys. I dono how you guys do texting the ABC way. I can do like 4 words per min that way. one of my friends almost can do it as fast as a keyboard, she freaking scares me.
nobody else uses T9? or no1 else is interested by this at all?
I use it, its priceless. nuff said
JunkieJoe Wrote:I use it, its priceless. nuff said
your a mean mean man Sad ABC text ate my family and raped my crops Sad
i just got a phone with it and its handy though still getting used to it. Some words i find easier without and others its nicer to have. and most words that i know it won't be in there i change to regular mode so far.
ya i hope that the T9 people stick around, i really like the feature and it saves me a ton of time so it would suck if they droped it Sad
Would someone mind informing me what T9 is please? Sorry all I have is a Verizon phone so yeah...Anyway at least its good enough to use as an Ipod.
T9 is a predictive text option that exists on most cell phones. Your's probably has it too. Its a really easy to use feature that lets you type text messages significantly faster.
yea it saves alot of typing time, aspecially when u driving and trying to SMS at the same time ;p

example, to type hello regularly, it would be 4,4,3,3,5,5,5,5,5,5,6,6,6

while to type it with T9 its 4,3,5,5,6

big difference.. some words that are the same, like "on" and "no" (and bunch of others with more letters that I cant recall) u just press up and down option on the phone to scroll through word available option...
why bother texting.. just call'em.

tsk, tsk, tsk Joe... hang up the phone while you drive..
Pages: 1 2 3 4