Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ezdvd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here's the thing. i bought bleach vol 1 and ran into the worst subs i've ever seen, and i've seen some bad ones. but then i also heard some good reviews of ez dvd's other works. now some stuff i want doesn't have a review yet and i wanted to see how many of you are pleased with their work and how many are not before i decide to give them another shot.
Ok, here's the thing with EZDVD at least for me. If you get the perfect collections, anything english subbed and dubbed, then everything is fine, but if you want fansubs I think I'd suggest MI. But really a lot of EZDVD's stuff out right now is either an FX reprint or an MI rip so you really can't go wrong as long as it is a perfect collection. Otherwise, check the reviews.
Bleach is a bad example to base your opinion of EZDVD on
JunkieJoe Wrote:Bleach is a bad example to base your opinion of EZDVD on

i'm glad, thanks everyone for taking the poll and helping me out.
I've been happy with all the EZDVD releases I've gotten so far.
the packaging is budget, which is my biggest complaint. I have a DvD rack full of the nice three winged folder type cases. EZDVD just uses cheap plastic multi disk things. So, the packaging got more ghetto and they're still charging the same. I look for what I want from the other companies before I buy from them.
That's kind of funny... I actually prefer the plastic cases to the old gatefold ones. I've had too many disc trays come unglued from the gatefolds over the years. I do admit that I enjoyed some of the artwork on the old ones but I feel that these new "ghetto" cases do a better job of protecting my discs.
I like EZDVD cases better to. I much prefer them over the MI sets, even the though the art work is better. Those M-locks (I think that's what they are called) are a pain in the ass to work.
fastsixty6 Wrote:the packaging is budget, which is my biggest complaint. I have a DvD rack full of the nice three winged folder type cases. EZDVD just uses cheap plastic multi disk things. So, the packaging got more ghetto and they're still charging the same. I look for what I want from the other companies before I buy from them.

Dito. I don't like them either.
Most of EZDVD's perfect sets are directly ripped from other HK companies anyway. They hardly release anything first. So why bother?
cyborgninja828 Wrote:I like EZDVD cases better to. I much prefer them over the MI sets, even the though the art work is better. Those M-locks (I think that's what they are called) are a pain in the ass to work.

Their a pain in the ass and they break easily but I prefer EZDVD for space reasons as well. I personally don't care about art work except when it's just horrible like MIs Kiddy Grade some of the worst I've seen.
Well I have to admit I was a little worred about the company to take fx's place in the hk anime market place. So far I only have one set from them and thats Texhnolyze. I must say its very well done. I miss the gate folds... But EZ Dvd did do a good job with the 3 disk case.
EZDVD are primarily only ripping other peoples sets - AV and MI so the difference is only the packaging...they should release their own stuff, they did a good job in Paranoia Agent (i think it's their own work) Rolleyes

If not...why bother Smile
The Swan Wrote:EZDVD are primarily only ripping other peoples sets - AV and MI so the difference is only the packaging...they should release their own stuff, they did a good job in Paranoia Agent (i think it's their own work) Rolleyes

If not...why bother Smile

Still better than MACs DVD-5 crap and MIs horrible gatefolds.
I've yet to see an EZ set that's English/Japanese that I would complain about. I like the fact that I know the case will stay together and that a lot of their sources are FX.

I don't know what kind of stuff you've run into in their Japanese only stuff. Personally if I want to watch subtitles I'll download a fansub since I know they'll do a better job anyway.
I've just bought all 6 EZDVD versions of Naruto. Since I used to have the FX sets (I gave them to my friend who is lost in the HK world, but loves Naruto enough to want the DVDs), I knew what quality FX presented. FX's gatefolds were simply beautiful for the Naruto sets.. the art was so clear and the package was simply beautiful. The EZDVD sets are basically rips from the FX sets... and while the art was scanned and cropped kinda badly from the original FX sets, the set in whole is pretty cool. I like the spacesaving clear cases which house 3 DVDs and the dvd quality is flawless.

Personally, I think EZDVD is awesome. They may not be as good as FX (which leads me to wonder, will there ever be an equal?) but they sure are my top HK DVD brand, at least for now. I've seen a few EZDVD sets (Studio Ghibli 4 DVDs, Twelve Kingdoms 6 DVDs, Trigun 3 DVDs) and it's crazy how they fit all the discs into the size of a standard DVD case. I think that's the biggest appeal to me right now, aside from the fact that they are the "replacement/successor" to the FX name. The real test is to see future sets from EZDVD which they rip and compress themselves from R1 animes, not from current HK company's sets. All in all, I bid the future of EZDVD well...

=)
Pages: 1 2