Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy Advent Children leaked on the net *spoilers in thread*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Cidien Wrote:Anyone willing to burn a dvd with ac for me? I'll pay cost + a couple bucks if someone wouldn't mind. Can't find a subtitled one on bearshare and BT takes forever and ties up my computer.

I can send you a DVD with both the movie and FFVII: Last Order, free of charge. Just send me a PM with your address please.
MI already has released the FF Advent dvd .. was out like 2 days after Japanese retail. I heard that EZ is doing it too. b
I feel the same as everyone else, fantastic GC, great actions scenes, fantastic music, but the story sucked. It really did feel just like a stepping stone or a pilot episode or something. Good stuff though.

For those interested in Nobuo Uematsu's work, he is currently working on the music for Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, two RPGs made by Hironobu Sakaguchi's (Final Fantasy Creator) "Mistwalker" studio for the Xbox 360.
OMG that sucked!!!!!
The cg was of less quality than spirits within, how did they backstep after all that effort. They look plastic.
The story SUCKS!!!!
why the hell do the characters pop in and out with no explanation, theres some fighting oh look its cid (who is not smoking ) he spins his spear and dissapears. What a watse!!!
I saw the anime with zack though that is before ff7 thats pretty good, though the dialouge is lacking.
square is doing it all wrong, I dont want a damn movie or anime or even a stupid mobile phone game,
just take ff7 update the graphics and the movies but keep the game exactly as is and throw in a function so after you beat it you can watch all the movies and thats it stop milking this franchise, they are going to kill it.
geo85 Wrote:OMG that sucked!!!!!
The cg was of less quality than spirits within, how did they backstep after all that effort. They look plastic.
The story SUCKS!!!!
why the hell do the characters pop in and out with no explanation, theres some fighting oh look its cid (who is not smoking ) he spins his spear and dissapears. What a watse!!!
I saw the anime with zack though that is before ff7 thats pretty good, though the dialouge is lacking.
square is doing it all wrong, I dont want a damn movie or anime or even a stupid mobile phone game,
just take ff7 update the graphics and the movies but keep the game exactly as is and throw in a function so after you beat it you can watch all the movies and thats it stop milking this franchise, they are going to kill it.

If anyone has a reason to hate FF Advent Children in these forums, it would be me and Blight. We are the only two that hated FF7, and we ended up enjoying this movie!! To hear this movie sucks coming from a FF7 fan, is just a little unbelievable. The CG was not as good because they had a smaller budget, I thought it helped the visuals alot during the fight scenes to have unrealistic looking characters. How silly would it have been to have realistic characters jumping fifty feet in the air!? The story wasn't that bad, Geez what the fuck were you expecting, when the basis of the story is FF7. Characters poped in and out because that's what the fans like you wanted. Tell me you wouldn't have been pissed if the rest of the cast didn't show up at all? I don't see how updating the game with better graphics will be fan service, shit its only been 8 years, its no damn Ninja Gaiden or Kid Icarus. Damn, FF7 fans get a fucking movie based on their favorite RPG and they fucking have the nerve to bitch about it!!!! What the fuck!? At least you got a movie, I seriously doubt they will make a movie based on FFVI(my personal favorite) although it would hurt to see Locke in 3fuckingD!
evilomar Wrote:If anyone has a reason to hate FF Advent Children in these forums, it would be me and Blight. We are the only two that hated FF7, and we ended up enjoying this movie...The story wasn't that bad, Geez what the fuck were you expecting, when the basis of the story is FF7.

Yeah, that says it all pretty much. I expected nothing from the story, so it let me enjoy the crazy action a lot. If there was like a another 15-20 minuets to the movie, it would have been better; a chance to see what the other characters had been up to (Specifically Cid for me since he was the only character I really liked from the game and kinda ironically my favorite version of Cid ever). But it didn't matter cause I didn't care as much. Maybe it was because he was totally expecting the next coming of Christ on DVD that it failed for him.
I said I did not want a movie so how is that what fans like me wanted, I hate the movie, I never said they should make a movie, I love the game, thats it, ff7 is the best ff game so remake it, thats what the fans want why do think there has always been so much talk when sqaure hints at remaking it.
Just because I like the game does not take away my right to hate it when square milks something badly.
And cid was always my fav so to see him for less than a minute and not smoking was totally wrong.
Geo would hate a kitten if you put a ff7 collar around its neck. He seems to decide to like one thing and hate everything else ff7 related or otherwise. Just the kinda dude he is. Would suck to be him.
I partly agree with your arguments but not with your conclusion Geo. It wasn't spirits within quality and the story lacked, especially since it has been so long since I played FF7 and just remembered very small parts of the story. But the action was amazing. I was wondering how they would do the fights and it just doesn't get any better than the way the made the fights play out. Plus I got goosebumps everytime I saw a new familiar charecter on screen. I really doubt that seeing this movie was a waste of time for you, you probably just had too high expectations and wanted them to focus more on story but instead they went for action which works for most of us.
For those who want a copy of the hk version. Buy it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-7-...dZViewItem
geo85 Wrote:Just because I like the game does not take away my right to hate it when square milks something badly.
And cid was always my fav so to see him for less than a minute and not smoking was totally wrong.

I agree, they are bleeding it to death. The Dirge of Cerberus shooter idea is one of the worst I think. It is just so WTF. And like I said before, I wanted to see more of Cid too, but it just didn't happen.
thanks for the information on source for FF advent children, 14 dollars totals not bad- but Ive heard it'll be out in November in the US, dubbed and subbed -more than likely about 15 bucks at mass retailers like walmart. i jumped the gun by buying Appleseed HK, and sorry i did, i got a great copy- but if i waited a few months I could of bought a dubbed and legit copy--
not terribly angry- the HK was a good copy and all, but the box, art work etc. of the us release looked better ( might be the same with FFAC- possibly two discs, but i dont know yet )
Hi, I posted this at arcticnightfall.com so why not here as well... Smile

Absolutely recommended! You get excellent R2 video & sound quality on both dvds. Anamorphic widescreen for the main feature & special edition while Last Order & the making-of are in letterbox format. Everything looks fantastic. All 4 have superb english subtitles. Timing, punctuation & grammar are near perfect, even for the making-of. No lines off-screen, no names wrong, no company logos. Only 1 slightly mistimed line so far plus a few minor typos, mostly found in the making-of. Nothing major. One of the trailers is (professionally) subbed as well. Another one comes with english narration. Both are E3 trailers.

So this is what you get:

Disc 1 (DVD-9)
- FF7 AC main feature, 100 min, anamorphic, DD 5.1 & 2.0
(Reminiscence & Compilation of FFVII are listed in the menu but not included at all)

Disc 2 (DVD-5)
- FF7 AC special edition, 24 min, anamorphic, DD 5.1 & 2.0
- Last Order, 25 min, letterboxed, DD 2.0
- making-of, 36 min, letterboxed, DD 2.0
- 8 trailers, 20 min, letterboxed, DD 2.0
- 11 dialog-only bonus tracks, 3 min, letterboxed, DD 2.0

Animated menus & scene selection with background music from the film. Clear single case, containing both dvds. No M-locks but amaray-like disc holders (like ADV's). Reversible cover. Sku: D2146.
Dirge of Cerberus exists, cause the creator of that series is sick of doing RPGs, he's been wanting to try something else for quite some time now. It seems to be an entirely different side story that has nothing to do with the main story of FF7. It mainly has something to do with Vincent, and what he's been up to after Advent Children (and FF7 of course)

As for Advent Children, i've watched it about 4 times now, and love it every single time. Who was watching this FOR a story is what i'd like to know? You know all square did was make this for the fanboys/girls who've been whining about there not being enough FF7 stuff going around. And it's all going to lead into a remake of FF7 (that square still denies, but we all know will happen)

I think so many people love FF7 cause it's one of the first 'epic' rpgs they ever played. When in reality, the game itself isn't that great. It's up to its ass in plotholes and missing scenes, and Cloud was a dick. It was great for its time, but compared to all the rpgs that have came out afterwards, it loses its quality. To this day, i can't even sit through FF7 anymore, beating it so much 'back in the day', i don't even want to look at it again. Everytime i start it, i get a few discs in, then never go back to playing it.

The other characters came into the movie just so you could see them, and make fans go "oooh, that's -insert name here- they look so cool!". They weren't meant to play any major role in the film. The only 'main' characters were Cloud, Tifa, those 2 kids, the turks, and the 3 retarded named badguys. That's why most of the focus was on all of them. The film existed just to show you bad-ass fight scenes, and a glimpse at what was going on with all the characters. When something is in movie form like this, they have to sacrifice alot of story, to add in badass fight scenes. Cause once again, why even bother making a CG film if all you're gonna do is having boring story/dialogue scenes?

Don't get me wrong in any way, i PLAY rpgs just for their stories, i don't care about gameplay in them (which is why i love the xenosaga games so much). So i'm not one of those 'anti story' type people. Umm... i've rambled enough.

As for the R1 release, it STILL isn't even guaranteed that November 28th is the official date for it. But i'm sure it'll be out then.
Guys at gamestop told me advent childrens being pushed to january already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4