Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ramen Anyone? ^_^
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If a fat kids eating potato chips he's already killing himself besides the fact that he may be getting cancer. I hate seeing really fat people at places like chinese buffet every other day then listening to them complain and ask why they're fat. Those people are beyond stupid.
Cidien Wrote:Seriously dude, i've already addressed this comment. It is 100% impossible to avoid msg unless you make ALL your own food and read very carefully everything you buy.

I doubt anyone actually wants msg. All it does is make crappy food taste better by tricking your brain.
Look man, I know what I'm talking about here. I was allergic to the stuff for years. It's really not that hard to avoid.
don't you think we have talked about ramen enough Tongue

also the comment on not blaming mcdonalds for making you fatter or bad food.

It has been proven that because of advertising when you go to a fast food place like mcdonalds you will feel better like before you go you may feel sad and then when you eat there you feel better the media has guided people to be mentally addicted to places like mcdonalds so to a somewhat serious extent you can blame mcdonalds.
Cyrus Wrote:don't you think we have talked about ramen enough Tongue

also the comment on not blaming mcdonalds for making you fatter or bad food.

It has been proven that because of advertising when you go to a fast food place like mcdonalds you will feel better like before you go you may feel sad and then when you eat there you feel better the media has guided people to be mentally addicted to places like mcdonalds so to a somewhat serious extent you can blame mcdonalds.
So if your girlfriend stays with you for the sex; everytime you do it when she's sad she's suddenly happly, so happy to ever leave you, then of course she should sue you for forming a mental dependance???

You know if I placed any writing skill into my rammblings of complete bullsh!t, then I'd probably sound less like an arse, & more like a smartassBig Grin

But, really, I mean come on, that's like some little goth kid, or their parents sueing the company that makes razor blades, just because it's harmful to cut yourself, but they do it ''cause it feels good'. Although the only difference I can find is that razor blades aren't advertised.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Health isn't the government's problem. That's like blaming McDonald's for making people fat. If you don't want MSG, avoid it.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

It really isn't McDonald's fault or the government's business if people get fat because of their food. It's widely known fast food makes people fat and when it comes to hyper-caloric food no one's to blame except the person who chooses to eat it. But the main thing here is that hyper-caloric food doesn't really kill anyone, it's eating it too much that does the trick. A person could eat McDonald's once or even twice a week without any nasty effects. If that person were to get fat it wouldn't be because of eating McDonald's, it would be because of an overall unhealthy lifestyle. I spent most of 2003 eating all sorts of fast food about 4 times a week, yet because I ate healthily the rest of the time I didn't put on a single pound. The ones who get fat because of McDonald's are the ones who eat it non-stop. I once watched a show about children's obesity and a girl there ate McDonald's every single day, many times more than once a day. What with all the unhealthy stuff she was eating, and eating too much, no wonder she was obese.

Now when it comes to substances such as MSG the case is different. It's the responsability of each country's government to insure no toxic, cancer-inducing, etc, substances are used in food products. Why? Because such substances are bad for a person's health in a way hyper-caloric food isn't. Calories, whether too much or too little, are natural in food, toxic substances aren't. If you get fat you can lose weight therefore greatly reducing the negative effects of obesity. But when it comes to such toxic substances, many times consuming them once or twice is enough to harm you and there's no going back. No unhealthy, unnatural substances should be added to food and the government must make sure it doesn't happen. The FDA exists for a reason.
The government is responsible for it's citizens and is perhaps the only organism with enough power to supervise companies and stop them from adding such substances to food. It's also the only organism with the power to legislate the use of those substances.
When you say that people should just avoid it you truly show you don't know how hard that would be. Unfortunately, in our day and age, just about every food product has some sort of unnatural substance. It starts in the chemicals used in agriculture and goes all the way to food processing. Perhaps the only way of eating natural, unaltered food is eating only products of biological agriculture and cooking all of your food but unfortunately the production of biological agriculture isn't enough for everyone.
By the way, I love Ramen, the fresh noodles kind! Big Grin
Andromeda18_ Wrote:When you say that people should just avoid it you truly show you don't know how hard that would be. Unfortunately, in our day and age, just about every food product has some sort of unnatural substance. It starts in the chemicals used in agriculture and goes all the way to food processing. Perhaps the only way of eating natural, unaltered food is eating only products of biological agriculture and cooking all of your food but unfortunately the production of biological agriculture isn't enough for everyone.
Like I said, I was allergic to the stuff untill about last year. This is in I got sick every time I ate MSG. As long as you read the labels, it's really quite simple to avoid. Dairy is the same way. I was allergic to the stuff untill about January. It's all pretty easy to avoid so long as you try. If you want to not eat something and don't bother to see if the stuff you're eating has it, then that's your problem.
Cyrus Wrote:It has been proven that because of advertising when you go to a fast food place like mcdonalds you will feel better like before you go you may feel sad and then when you eat there you feel better the media has guided people to be mentally addicted to places like mcdonalds so to a somewhat serious extent you can blame mcdonalds.
What a bullshit study. Mental addiction? People make up excuses for everything :p ...
the whole razor blade thing is a different story if the razorblade company tried to advertise their blades to a goth audience saying you should cut yourselves with these it will make you feel better it would pretty much be about the same as what mcdonalds does.

OBviously it's not completely mcdonalds fault but its their fault in some ways.

Just like someone who starts cussing and pushing around someone for years and then that person shoots them well it's not completely their fault but they played a big part in it.

In fact there have been studies that have proved that sometimes people will get sad if they don't eat their fast food once a week because of the way media and the places guide you i mean it's not much less then a cigarette addiction for some people but yeah it's still mostly the persons fault but it's still messed up.

If your going to say marketing cigarettes to people who are underage like the whole joe camel thing is wrong then it should be the way with cigaretts at all. Actually if your going to get all upset about msg then you should get upset about these as well but the govt doesen't really do much to deal with them

all im saying is obviously in a lot of cases the person who did something wrong or whatever is wrong of course but it isn't just their fault it may be like 70 Percent their fault but it's not just their fault its not so black and white

Also a govt as far as the American govt is set in place by the people for the people well supposedly it is but a govt is there to govern the people and protect them so why would it make any sense to say it's not the govt's job to protect people no offense but thats stupid. If the gov't was not here to protect people there would be no reason to have a govt at all
BEGINNING OF RANT

Im almost willing to say that with as much power as the gov't has right now it needs to have more and restrict more rights because of how dumb american's are and yes im a american but seriously when the majority of people i know hear bush say i'm a christian and they don't do any and i mean any other research and they have already made up their mind that he should be in office..... It really scares me.

That and we need to constitute a law to make people wear seatbelts WTF i mean seriously we actually need to punish someone for not protecting themselves or with drugs its the same (im not talking marajuana) but yeah it just amazes me how dumb people are. I really don't agree with the gov't having so much power but honestly i wonder if it's better that they have more power then the average stupid american and i always though oh come on most american's are not that stupid then i saw a old tv show from the 50's and was like hmm this is really inteligent then i saw a show like friends or something and i thought OH GOD. I'm seriously starting to get scared here i mean next thing it will be like the serfs who never read the bible and did everything the catholic bishops said in blind faith not matter what it was or the crusades

I'm not the smartest person in the world but im smart enough not to intentionally hurt myself like a jackass (pun intended)

END OF RANT
I second that for the most part..
People truly are pathetic and weak organisms. I'll quote Mencia on this, "Be fat and happy, or lose weight". It's as simple as that. People aren't dependent on fast food. They just need to get over it. No one forces you to do anything. The media included. If I want McDonald's, I'll go get it. People make up excuses for everything. They just need to get over their weakness. Saying "I'm fat because of McDonald's" is pure bullshit. You're fat cause you ate there. You had a choice. You were just too stupid to use it. Mental dependency is bulshit, too. You don't need anything, you just want it.
I hate seatbelt laws. If people aren't smart enough to realize that the windshield and the road are harder than your face... well I guess you can just die. You obviously aren't bright enough to function in other areas of life either.
Cidien Wrote:I hate seatbelt laws. If people aren't smart enough to realize that the windshield and the road are harder than your face... well I guess you can just die. You obviously aren't bright enough to function in other areas of life either.

Yeah this world is obsessed with protecting the braindead morons..
onizuka17711 Wrote:Like I said, I was allergic to the stuff untill about last year. This is in I got sick every time I ate MSG. As long as you read the labels, it's really quite simple to avoid. Dairy is the same way. I was allergic to the stuff untill about January. It's all pretty easy to avoid so long as you try. If you want to not eat something and don't bother to see if the stuff you're eating has it, then that's your problem.

Your problem was easy to solve because you're allergic to one substance. Even if you were allergic to 5 or 6 it wouldn't be all that hard. Unfortunately the amount of toxic substances present in food is huge! If we were to avoid them all we would starve.

Cyrus Wrote:Just like someone who starts cussing and pushing around someone for years and then that person shoots them well it's not completely their fault but they played a big part in it.

In fact there have been studies that have proved that sometimes people will get sad if they don't eat their fast food once a week because of the way media and the places guide you i mean it's not much less then a cigarette addiction for some people but yeah it's still mostly the persons fault but it's still messed up.

If your going to say marketing cigarettes to people who are underage like the whole joe camel thing is wrong then it should be the way with cigaretts at all. Actually if your going to get all upset about msg then you should get upset about these as well but the govt doesen't really do much to deal with them

all im saying is obviously in a lot of cases the person who did something wrong or whatever is wrong of course but it isn't just their fault it may be like 70 Percent their fault but it's not just their fault its not so black and white

Also a govt as far as the American govt is set in place by the people for the people well supposedly it is but a govt is there to govern the people and protect them so why would it make any sense to say it's not the govt's job to protect people no offense but thats stupid. If the gov't was not here to protect people there would be no reason to have a govt at all

While I believe in those studies I still think it's the person's fault only. What those studies show is in my opinion a severe weakness of character. Publicity might feed on that but it's people's weaknesses that allow it. I totally agree with onizuka on this matter.

Cyrus Wrote:That and we need to constitute a law to make people wear seatbelts WTF i mean seriously we actually need to punish someone for not protecting themselves or with drugs its the same (im not talking marajuana) but yeah it just amazes me how dumb people are.

You mean there isn't a law in the US that makes it mandatory to wear a seatbelt?! We even have to wear it in the back seat here, if not the owner of the car will have to pay a huge fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4