Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Yanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just wandering if any here is a yankee fan? We really don't talk sports much here. Any trade suggestions or fav players?
I'm no baseball fan but I've always wondered what you americans like about the game. There's zero action. Just a bunch of ugly fat guys chewing tobacco hitting a ball once every 5 minutes while wearing weird clothes. I don't even think there are any chearleaders to keep you from falling asleep.

I like watching the other american sports like basketball, hockey and football since there's some action. But if I need to watch people hitting a ball with a stick I'll even prefer golf over baseball cause they hit further.

Ehh, yeah. Probably not the responce you were hoping for. So, what is it that you like in baseball?
elcoholic Wrote:Ehh, yeah. Probably not the responce you were hoping for. So, what is it that you like in baseball?

I'll tell you what I like about it. If you failed half of the time in this sport, you would be its god, because every one else fails 7/10 times and is considered good. Baseball is a mental game, and when you fuck up, it started in your mind with a little lapse in concentration of confidence. Baseball is really hard. In golf the ball just sits there and they hit it. In baseball, the ball is coming at you with a speed usually around 80-85 miles an hour, or is bending through the air almost like magic. It also has elements of strategy. It is a game of great skill, and a lot of people just are blind to that. I?m a baseball fan through and through. Played from kindergarten to my Junior year of high school, when the coach was just a fuckin? favorites player and I got screwed out of my position and I quit, because the honor of the game was then lost to me.

And the Yankees suck balls. Go Cardinals! Big Grin
Wow, you and I have the same story blight lol. Except I only played until my sophomore year when my coach screwed the entire south side of Fargo over. With baseball having lost its popularity a lot less people played and we had to join the north and south side into one team. Unfortunately instead of one team we had just under two teams. The worst part is the North side had 9 players and they were all on the same team the year before with out coach. What did this mean? We got to play about 1/4 as much as them. =/

I got so pissed one game when I asked the coach to let us play I told him exactly what all the other players were thinking and quit. Funniest thing is one of the ladies that heads the league was going to talk to him that day and overheard me so she decided to wait until the end of the game to speak with him. :p After that though baseball just didn't seem as much fun. That and almost nobody plays it around here anymore.
elcoholic Wrote:I'm no baseball fan but I've always wondered what you americans like about the game. There's zero action. Just a bunch of ugly fat guys chewing tobacco hitting a ball once every 5 minutes while wearing weird clothes. I don't even think there are any chearleaders to keep you from falling asleep.

I like watching the other american sports like basketball, hockey and football since there's some action. But if I need to watch people hitting a ball with a stick I'll even prefer golf over baseball cause they hit further.

Ehh, yeah. Probably not the responce you were hoping for. So, what is it that you like in baseball?
Those are probably the best most true words I have ever heard discribing the sport! Baseball is terrible and uncomparible to hockey, football, or basketball in the amount of skill required, particularly hockey.
No one post after this. Look blight said it best!!!!!! If you dont like the sport that is your opinion, but I could easily rag on basketball or football or soccer(football as the euros call it) but that was not the reason for the thread, if you dont want to talk about the yanks then dont post you are just wasting my time and hijacking this thread.
Have a nice f***n day!!!!

If you like the cardinals thats your opinion but I fail to see how the yanks suck, people rag on them and say they win because they have a huge payroll, well were did the money come from=lots of fans, how did they get those fans= lots o great players. Like whoever you want but dont throw baseless insults.
26 world series means something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't personally like the yanks - but any team wins because they have talent. You can spend a billion dollars and on a team and a volunteer team getting paid squat could beat them if they play well together and have talent.
geo85 Wrote:that was not the reason for the thread, if you dont want to talk about the yanks then dont post you are just wasting my time and hijacking this thread.
Have a nice f***n day!!!
If you really are that concerned about your time, why exactly then are you on a forum?
geo85 Wrote:If you like the cardinals thats your opinion but I fail to see how the yanks suck, people rag on them and say they win because they have a huge payroll, well were did the money come from=lots of fans, how did they get those fans= lots o great players. Like whoever you want but dont throw baseless insults.

Well, dude, the team own motels and shit. They get their money other ways too, not just the fans paying to see them play. They are the reason Baseball needs a salary cap and them alone. They embody fully what is wrong with the game. Pay your way to victory. I like to see teams that at least try to keep a line up made of players that are just there for the money (good luck I don't have on that though). And besides, it was friendly gearing. I gotta root for my home team anyway. :p
geo85 Wrote:If you like the cardinals thats your opinion but I fail to see how the yanks suck, people rag on them and say they win because they have a huge payroll, well were did the money come from=lots of fans, how did they get those fans= lots o great players. Like whoever you want but dont throw baseless insults.

Haven't you ever had a talk with guys about sports before? It always goes like "my team rules, yours sucks blabla". I never thought someone could get offended by that.
I wanted to talk about the yanks.

How did they pay their way to victory, you did not explain that point. The only way to win world series is with talent and great players and managers. How are they whats wrong with the game. I am a yanks fan because I live in NY, and I support NY teams, but honestly I like several teams, I like the sport for the reasons Blight said in his first post.
I am more of a player fan than a team fan.
They can fairly easily buy baseball talent other teams otherwise couldn't afford. Any team like I said wins because of their talent. I think most people don't like them because they can afford to buy more talent than other teams.
Well thats just too bad. So do you not like doctors because they make more than sales associates and they can afford to buy better cars. Look the yanks are one team, with all the players in the AA, AAA and mlb do you really think they are the only ones who get the talented players.
Wow, someones in their own little world.

"How did they pay their way to the top?"

Yankees $208 Mil
Red Sox $123 Mil
Mets $101 Mil
Every other team < $100 Mil

Hmmm...gee, how did that happen, nearly double the salary of the next team. More than double every other team but one. Around 7 times higher then the lowest team.

"So do you not like doctors because they make more than sales associates and they can afford to buy better cars."

Yes I do if the doctors are working where they are because of the money and not because of the patients.
geo85 Wrote:Well thats just too bad. So do you not like doctors because they make more than sales associates and they can afford to buy better cars. Look the yanks are one team, with all the players in the AA, AAA and mlb do you really think they are the only ones who get the talented players.
I know nothing of baseball because I think it is a waste of time. However, I know enough to say that you must have been dropped on your head pretty hard to not believe the Yankees have payed their way to glory. They're like the NY Rangers of hockey: buying up anything good that hits the market. Their success comes only from their greater income; a large waste of money I must add. Why would someone pay to see fat men play with balls and sticks? The game is the only I can think of that requires that little skill or mental toughness to play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5