Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm sure this has been done probably a million times, but I figured I'd ask what kind of music artists you like. I really need some new stuff myself, so any suggestions would be nice along the MxPx line or similar would be nice :p .
To many differnt bands to list & it's so hard to define genres, but the main bands I'm into is:

Alkaline Trio, Mindless Self Indulgence, Dir en Grey, & Nice Peter. All have been playing over & over in my set lists. And sometimes I throw in a little bit of indie stuff like, No Hollywood Ending, The Awkward Romance, Elle Milano, Pettit Project, & Scarlet Tuesday.
edit: add Demented Are Go! back to my list, cause I still like them although I haven't listened to the that much, but now I'm writing tabs, so I've gotta study Psychobilly & Rockabilly for a friend of mine.

I don't really listen to MxPx sorta stuff, but how genre do you think of them as, or what do you like about them & I'll try to compose a list of artist you might like.

edit: While on a music thread; Why is it UK indie bands are cool, & most indie in the US is sh!tty emo? I mean I know the Brits like to keep punk & pure rock around, but I mean do we have anyone that can do it as well as them?
I mostly listen to techno, minimal, electro and that kinda stuff. Like Sven Väth, Frank Lorber, Paul kalkbrenner, Christian Morgenstern, Le Dustsucker and stuff like that. But I guess there aren't that many people here that listen to that music.

Further I listen to Gorillaz, Extince, Cypress Hill, Old work of Eminem, Jazz and Blues.
I mostly stick with old Iron maiden only up to fear of the dark, and metallica only up to the selftitled album or any megadeth. I listen to a lot of cradle of filth if your into that sort of thing, I also have been listening to a lot of house music latrly like stuff from Victor Dinaire.
Franz ferdiand is pretty good, and The Cult has some great stuff.
Paul Van Dyk, BT, Sasha, Digweed. most any of the Peak Hour Pumping House or Trance and Tribal. and most Euro Dance music. When I say dance music I am thinking the real Ibiza, Berlin Euro Dance not the top 40 pop, rap and R&B people try to call dance music here in the USA
Batz Kage Wrote:While on a music thread; Why is it UK indie bands are cool, & most indie in the US is sh!tty emo?

Because we Brits are born cool... Big Grin

Anyway im quite eclectic but the majority of stuff I listen to is dance and hip-hop... At the moment im quite into my UK grime and hip-hop stuff (loving cream cartels version of bang bang). The artists I always seem to keep playing are Cypress Hill, The Prodigy, Kasabian, Grandmaster Flash, Beck, The Chems and Dizzee Rascal.
The people here have really diverse tastes in music. Smile I listen to bands like Tool, Slipknot, System of a Down, Disturbed, Mudvayne, and other hard rock bands. What I do now when I want to hear some good music is go over to my cousin?s house and leech of his satellite channels while we play pool. Like today, I saw a really cool band from Norway called Span and the song I heard was Cut Like Diamonds. I see cool bands all the time while watching the International Music Feed (the channel I like to leach from him Big Grin ), but usually forget them. I wrote today?s down.
I have digital cable and I have been listening to a lot of the music channels lately they usually play a lot of new stuff so I can find out about new bands or new albums through that. There are a lot of channels so there is usually something for everyone to listen to.
The music stations that dish network has that play music only are pretty good except for the station that plays electronic which is my fav. 9 out of 10 songs played on it are ones that are eather old, overplayed or borderline real electronic. I do like you will get the new tracks, but you sure have to listen to alot or replays of old Moby, darude ect ect to get to the new tracks
Yeah, my dad was flipping through the dish network music channels, it was suprising to me because NoFx was playing on the punk channel.
Unfortunately for the Dish Network channels. I have a feeling that they dont have people who seek out new music to play on them but just cut a corner and play what they find on the charts be it rock, rap or dance. Thus you get very little newer music regardless of what type you like. This is just my theory on my they play so little new stuff but it does make sense
Mantis421 Wrote:Unfortunately for the Dish Network channels. I have a feeling that they dont have people who seek out new music to play on them but just cut a corner and play what they find on the charts be it rock, rap or dance. Thus you get very little newer music regardless of what type you like. This is just my theory on my they play so little new stuff but it does make sense
Then how do they come up with their punk play list. I mean I don't disagree with you, because it would be the smartest thing for them to do; if it's a top seller people will be more likely to listen.

Which I know bands like NoFx & Rancid have grown in fan base, but they still don't compare to bands that claim they're punk & sell records to 13 year old girls, so why do they play Rancid & NoFx on there (otehr than the fact, like I said the bands that top the charts that call themselves punk, aren't)?
There is misic charts for every music type from world beat and delta blues to pop and dance. The other idea is they might only be going by name recognition only.
Oh man, MxPx. I used to listen to those guys like 10 years ago back when they were called Magnified Plaid. I remember seeing them in concert in the basement of a church and you could get in for free if you brought 3 cans of food. I think they had just gotten a new guitarist and the newest hit they had was 'Punk Rock Show'. What good times. Big Grin I was way into punk stuff when I was in high school like NoFX, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Propagandhi, basically any band from Epitaph records, Fat Wreck Chords, or Lookout! records was playing on my stereo.

These days I listen to a lot of Ben Folds, Radiohead, and Death Cab for Cutie I am also really into electronic stuff like M83 and Postal Service. As far as the rock goes, I am a HUGE fan of The Mars Volta. I listen to their stuff on an almost daily basis. Their record Francis the Mute is easily the greatest record I have heard from the past 5 years.
Yeah, I have been listening to MxPx for a while now, somewhere around 8 to 9 years. I have almost every CD of theirs.

Some bands I listen to and also suggest: NOFX, Anti-Flag, Rise Against, AFI, Bouncing Souls, Less than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Operation Ivy, Rancid, Instant Winner, Catch 22, Streetlight Manifesto, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Tsunami Bomb, Suiside Machines, The Clash, Voo Doo Glow Skulls. Two hardcore bands I really like are System of a Down and Avengenged Sevenfold. Wow, thats a long list.
Pages: 1 2 3