Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
rarnom Wrote:Pennywise

I absolutely LOVE Full Circle!
-spike- Wrote:AFI, Rancid
Old new or both?
I used to listen to AFI, but I thought sing the sarrow was a horrible release; as with Indestructible.

rarnom, could you tell me something? Ok I had an ex who listened to Mars Volta & a few other bands she said were like them she told me to listen to some band that I don't remember the name & they were complete sh!t. Then I read a review of them on something awful & he made them sound alot like Mindless Self Indulgence in his description. So, I love MSI (who are industral Junlge Pu**y Punk), do you think I'll like Mars Volta?
Batz Kage Wrote:Old new or both?
I used to listen to AFI, but I thought sing the sarrow was a horrible release; as with Indestructible.
Old AFI is good. I like all Rancid stuff, I thougt Indestructible was really good.
-spike- Wrote:Old AFI is good. I like all Rancid stuff, I thougt Indestructible was really good.
I have nothing serious against Indestructible, it, just seemed like their older stuff had more persnoal feelings in it; the only song I actually liked off of it was Dave Cortney or something like that. Or it could have been that at the time it came out I wasn't into their music anymore so I was biased agaist it, I guess I should pick it up & give it a go.
Currently listening to
salmonella dub,inside the dub plates which you can check out here http://www.salmonelladub.com/main.html
the beck ost
gorillaz, demon days
Batz Kage Wrote:Old new or both?

rarnom, could you tell me something? Ok I had an ex who listened to Mars Volta & a few other bands she said were like them she told me to listen to some band that I don't remember the name & they were complete sh!t. Then I read a review of them on something awful & he made them sound alot like Mindless Self Indulgence in his description. So, I love MSI (who are industral Junlge Pu**y Punk), do you think I'll like Mars Volta?
I've never listened to MSI, but I can say that The Mars Volta is somewhat of an aquired taste. Although most people I play them for like them. I would suggest starting with their album 'Deloused in the Comatorium' before you listen to 'Francis the Mute'. Both are incredible rock albums. EPIC.
The new Gorillaz cd is pretty awesome. Don't like it quite as much as the last one simply because the guy with the higher pitched voice doesn't sing as much.
Cidien Wrote:The new Gorillaz cd is pretty awesome. Don't like it quite as much as the last one simply because the guy with the higher pitched voice doesn't sing as much.
2-D? er I haven't really checked up on the Gorillaz other than one visit to their site, since their first album.

rarnom, the dude doing the review kept saying that Francis the Mute had songs that were 40% traffic noises, 30% static, & 30% retarded. He said they sounded like they put a lot of random sound effects into their music.
If you haven't heard MSI, I suggest them to you. They play a lot of random techno, with Jimmy Urine ("He sings like a boy & a girl, at the SAME TIME!!!") spitting out er how to describe their songs. He aims to offend & to prove points. Like with Thank God, he acts as though he's a rapper, & the first thing he does when he gets his grammy is thank god for programming his beats & writing his best songs about capping ni**az & get'n high. They have some slow weird stuff like J, M, & F (skits).
If you like random stuff check out Two Hookers & An Eight Ball (not really my favotire), or the song that's slowly making it to the top of my favorite songs list: Last Gay Song.

I love Jimmy Urine Big Grin "We have Kitty on drums. She just hangs in the back and looks cool. She says "what up?" a lot. She's a nice girl. Vanessa Y.T. on bass, she's a nice girl. Stevie on guitar, she's a nice girl."

Which reminds me, while in the music section...
A friend of mine, & myself had plans to go to a MSI concert, but it ends up, their 3 shows before the one we could make it to was All Ages, but the one that was in Jacksonville was 18+ :mad:
I wanna see Jimmy bounce on stage, bump into Steve & get beaten to death with a guitar Big Grin
Hmm, My current playlist goes something like this

Mortiis
Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Nightwish
The Exploited
Lord of the Rings Return of the King OST

and finally

Hellsing OST
Dose anyone else have Mezmerize, the latest System of a Down CD? If not, I say pick it up. It has its cold spots, but is definitely an album worth giving a spin. BTW, Cigaro is a F'ing AWESOME song. Well, maybe not "AWESOME", but funny as hell. I love fast, strong, loud beats too.

Also, I guess I like some Punk rock now. I had it in my head that all of it sucked for some reason. But after DL some songs from groups talked about here, I like 90% of it. Maybe the media just tricked me into thinking I didn?t like it since what is being publicized isn't punk at all.
Blight Wrote:I love fast, strong, loud beats too.
*cough*MSI*cough* & in the case you already listen to them, then *cough*more MSI*cough* Tongue

Blight Wrote:Also, I guess I like some Punk rock now. I had it in my head that all of it sucked for some reason. But after DL some songs from groups talked about here, I like 90% of it. Maybe the media just tricked me into thinking I didn?t like it since what is being publicized isn't punk at all.
Exactly, only I don't carre enough to listen to good punk music at the moment :S

As for System of A Down, I used to love them, with songs like Pogo, they won my heart.
Batz Kage Wrote:rarnom, the dude doing the review kept saying that Francis the Mute had songs that were 40% traffic noises, 30% static, & 30% retarded. He said they sounded like they put a lot of random sound effects into their music.

That dude must not have listened to the records at all. On Francis the Mute there are occasionally some random noises, but always at the very end of the songs and only on a few songs. It is all 100% rock. Cool
my taste goes from rap to techno and everything in betwee, except country. I have been listening to a lot of kanye west, outkast, trustcompany, queen of the damned soundtrack, of course my anime soundtracks and other stuff, but mostly u will find trance in my stereo, dj teisto, ferry corsten, oakenfold, armin van buren, ATB I love atb, and various mix cds
kanedaestes Wrote:my taste goes from rap to techno and everything in betwee, except country. I have been listening to a lot of kanye west, outkast, trustcompany, queen of the damned soundtrack, of course my anime soundtracks and other stuff, but mostly u will find trance in my stereo, dj teisto, ferry corsten, oakenfold, armin van buren, ATB I love atb, and various mix cds
You like Rap & Techno huh...so of course you listen to MSI right Wink
Seriously, if you like rap, check out their Bring the Pain cover.
Batz Kage Wrote:edit: While on a music thread; Why is it UK indie bands are cool, & most indie in the US is sh!tty emo? I mean I know the Brits like to keep punk & pure rock around, but I mean do we have anyone that can do it as well as them?

I meant to mention them earlier, but The Redwalls, are a band from Chicago but you would swear by the way they sound/look the walked straight out of the U.K. I have been looking for their album (not very hard mind you) for like a week or two. They have a song that bashes the F.C.C. that is pretty cool, something like Falling Down. I?d say check them out if you get real bored.
Pages: 1 2 3