Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FX Limited Box Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a question and I think it is a very good one. Ok, I went out and bought the Fushigi Yugi limited edition box from FX, and when they arrived it was brand new and sealed, but none of the boxes have slip cases!!! :mad: Did any of you encounter this when you bought fushigi yugi limited box or the following:

1.Tenchi Muyo Ultimate Collection
2. El hazard Ultimate Collection
3. Naruto Limited Edition Collection
4. Slayers Collection
5. Mahoromatic Collection
6. Fushigi Yugi
7. Gundam Wing and G-Gundam

I put up this thread because I plan to buy all of those limited boxes from fx from ebay, and I just need to know if they have slipcases or not. My fushigi yugi limited didn't have slipcases so I am :mad: ........ SO if you guys can help with this situation, it would be greatly appreciated.
Ah, these questions keep on coming. They are not FX. You got fake FX. Apparently, there are many sellers on ebay who sell fake FX items.........
I don't think these were fake at all. They didn't have the oily smell to it. and the limited box had the shiny suzaku/seiryu on it. So i do not believe that they would be fake. and also the labels on the disks are vibrant. and the letters on the box are glossy like and they kinda stick out of the box. Kinda like the MI studio Ghibli boxset. I wish I oculd have an example of a "bootlegged fx set" then maybe it would answer a lot of peoples questions here"
There are more than one fake versions floating around Ebay. Chances are that you got the fake. Sorry to disappoint you.

FX ones have slip cases.

It seems like there needs to be a warning thread like 'Don't buy FX from ebay" Right now, anyone selling FX from ebay are most likely selling fakes. It's really much safe to go for MI or MAC these days.
Ok, I see your point. But I want to hear from the people who actually bought the "authentic" fx versions to see what they have to say about it. I am not saying you are lying or anything, and I do believe that there are fake FX around because people still have FX stock after fx went out of business three months ago. For ex: people still have many copies of the limited edition kenshin sets and .hack and etc. But hearing from people who actually bought the non-fake version could answer my question.
Fake FX?

1) Who is making the fake FX?
2) If they are fake FX, who cares? You're already buying bootlegs, what's the difference? If those ones are fake I have about 6 fakes and they play fine.
Cidien Wrote:Fake FX?

2) If they are fake FX, who cares? You're already buying bootlegs, what's the difference? If those ones are fake I have about 6 fakes and they play fine.
YOURE RIGHT MAN
BUT MAYBE THERE IS DIFFRENCE LIKE DVD TYPE
ARE THE DVD'S TYPE 5 OR 9 ?!
They play fine, so I don't really care. Probably 9 considering they don't play like crap.
Cidien Wrote:2) If they are fake FX, who cares? You're already buying bootlegs, what's the difference? If those ones are fake I have about 6 fakes and they play fine.
Yup. That's the right attitude. I couldn't agree more...........

However, it is good to know what's going on........
Cidien Wrote:Fake FX?

Damn straight! Is it not pointless to worry if you are getting fake fake DVD's?
as far as slip cases go sometimes they send slip cases sometimes they don't my fx tenchi set came with slip cases but my other fx stuff didn't i asked some people about it before and it really just depends sometimes you will get plastic sleaves sometimes you won't...

It's kinda an up to chance thing cus i have gotten stuff that normally didn't have slip cases with slip cases and visa versa so...
LOL.. that's so true, you guys. What does it matter if it's an illegal copy of an already illegal copy? Plus it looks and feels like an FX.. so why bother?

Plus, I have the entire Fushigi Yuugi set.. and my set does NOT have semiclear slipcases for each set. I'm in the same boat as you, Kiruyuki. I honestly don't think they are "bootlegs" of FX because of the quality of the boxes (shiny on the labeling) and the quality of the discs (golden data side and well done labeling, with the standard "Disc ##" format of FX sets)

However, I also have the entire Slayers Limited Edition collection and the Naruto Limited Edition collection.. and both sets DO come with the semiclear slipcases for each part. (I also have Mahoromatic, but I bought Season 1 and 2 separately and those came in DVD cases)

I have seen cases (eBay, local retailers) that they use the FX LE Box of a certain anime and replace the FX sets within with another HK brand. Examples would be the Naruto LE set. Check out some of the listings for that on eBay. They'll show the FX LE Box, with sets from MAC. -__-" They probably then sell the FX sets individually for more money since FX is on "hiatus"...

There's my two cents...
Thank you very much To3knee for answering my question! Thanks. That was what I wanted to hear. ^_^
Kiruyuki Wrote:I have a question and I think it is a very good one. Ok, I went out and bought the Fushigi Yugi limited edition box from FX, and when they arrived it was brand new and sealed, but none of the boxes have slip cases!!! :mad: Did any of you encounter this when you bought fushigi yugi limited box or the following:

1.Tenchi Muyo Ultimate Collection
2. El hazard Ultimate Collection
3. Naruto Limited Edition Collection
4. Slayers Collection
5. Mahoromatic Collection
6. Fushigi Yugi
7. Gundam Wing and G-Gundam

I put up this thread because I plan to buy all of those limited boxes from fx from ebay, and I just need to know if they have slipcases or not. My fushigi yugi limited didn't have slipcases so I am :mad: ........ SO if you guys can help with this situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the El Hazard Ultimate Collection and the Fushigi Yugi Limited Edition, both were bought here and both have slip cases on all of the boxes.
I have the Slayers FX set if you want it. It's up in my trade list. Mine is authentic FX, but I don't have the clear slipcases for it, but that's because I got mine through a trade with another forum member.
Pages: 1 2 3