Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FX Limited Box Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cidien Wrote:Fake FX?

1) Who is making the fake FX?
2) If they are fake FX, who cares? You're already buying bootlegs, what's the difference? If those ones are fake I have about 6 fakes and they play fine.
2.) Because i like to get what i intended to BUY.. I know i am buying bootleg.. But i perfer company X instead of company Z.. I know i want X but went sent Z even though they are both bootleg i didn't get what i wanted.. Hence i would be pissed. Its not about if they are bootlegs its what you willing purchase and what you get that is different.
Kiruyuki Wrote:I don't think these were fake at all. They didn't have the oily smell to it. and the limited box had the shiny suzaku/seiryu on it. So i do not believe that they would be fake.
t03knee Wrote:Plus, I have the entire Fushigi Yuugi set.. and my set does NOT have semiclear slipcases for each set. I'm in the same boat as you, Kiruyuki. I honestly don't think they are "bootlegs" of FX because of the quality of the boxes .
I guess it's all fine and dandy, if you belive they are real FX as long as you are happy with it. After all, they are yours and who cares what they really are (as long as you don't try to sell them off as real FX on ebay, since you're not 100% sure).

For your info, all Fushigi Yuggi FX sets from import-anime and cookie jar I've seen had slip cases.

And why don't two of you tell us which ebay sellers you brought from? That would make things easier to figure out.
I was confused as to what you were asking about.. laugh.. (thought you meant the box had a slip cover... ) but I figured it out!! My FY box set (black with gold pictures) did have the frosted (fx does frosted) slip covers on each set... (3) mine was purchased from Cookie Jar Video... my AC gatefold set also has clear plastic slip covers, but they aren't by FX of course...
OK I see, so does your slayers set contain any slip cases at all or none?
hbk101 Wrote:I guess it's all fine and dandy, if you belive they are real FX as long as you are happy with it. After all, they are yours and who cares what they really are (as long as you don't try to sell them off as real FX on ebay, since you're not 100% sure).

For your info, all Fushigi Yuggi FX sets from import-anime and cookie jar I've seen had slip cases.

And why don't two of you tell us which ebay sellers you brought from? That would make things easier to figure out.

I bought my Fushigi Yugi Limited Set from the seller GBT-INC.
GBT-INC. I know that name seen it on E-Bay but can't tell you anything else. But the Slayers comes with slipcases I have the Box set by FX....
Here is the link to his member profile: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...c&frm=1728
Schultz Wrote:2.) Because i like to get what i intended to BUY.. I know i am buying bootleg.. But i perfer company X instead of company Z.. I know i want X but went sent Z even though they are both bootleg i didn't get what i wanted.. Hence i would be pissed. Its not about if they are bootlegs its what you willing purchase and what you get that is different.

If the products were different i'd understand what you're saying, but the only difference is they don't have slipcases. If you want slipcases, alright - but it's like getting pissed because you bought a hotdog that's supposed to be wrapped in tinfoil but they put it in paper.

GBT-INC <-- first two sets I ever bought were bought from him, so I guess the first two "FX" sets I bought were bootlegs of bootlegs. However, now owning the "real" Hellsing FX set I must say I like the other version better. The case looks better - it's more glossy. Same as the lain set.
some of those 2nd gen boots are MI boxes too, which means they are booting MI stuff now too..wow sucky..i wouldnt touch that stuff if you paid me.

b
Cidien Wrote:If the products were different i'd understand what you're saying, but the only difference is they don't have slipcases. If you want slipcases, alright - but it's like getting pissed because you bought a hotdog that's supposed to be wrapped in tinfoil but they put it in paper.

GBT-INC <-- first two sets I ever bought were bought from him, so I guess the first two "FX" sets I bought were bootlegs of bootlegs. However, now owning the "real" Hellsing FX set I must say I like the other version better. The case looks better - it's more glossy. Same as the lain set.

I know what you mean, but I want the slip cases because it saves the gatefold from wear. Constantly taking out sets without slipcases wears the case because the gatefold is made out of paper. I guess I'll just sell my fushigi yugi set then. and I'll try to buy it again, this time with a slip cases I hope. What is weird though is: the letters, picture text, etc on my fushigi yugi sets stick out of the gatefold. The letters are plastic/glossy looking. They were kinda like the Studio Ghibli Collection that MI put out 2-3 years ago. The letters are plastic/glossy like. I wonder if you guys' fushigi yugi sets have that glossiness in the letters/pictures/etc.
Are the fushigi yuugi just standard 3 dvd gatefolds? If so I have plenty of gatefolds ill sell ya if you wanna buy em and pay for shipping. Will be cheaper than selling and buying a new set. I don't like the slipcases, I like seeing the gatefold pictures without them as I think they look better.
Kiruyuki Wrote:I know what you mean, but I want the slip cases because it saves the gatefold from wear. Constantly taking out sets without slipcases wears the case because the gatefold is made out of paper. I guess I'll just sell my fushigi yugi set then. and I'll try to buy it again, this time with a slip cases I hope. What is weird though is: the letters, picture text, etc on my fushigi yugi sets stick out of the gatefold. The letters are plastic/glossy looking. They were kinda like the Studio Ghibli Collection that MI put out 2-3 years ago. The letters are plastic/glossy like. I wonder if you guys' fushigi yugi sets have that glossiness in the letters/pictures/etc.
I like the slip cases, but at the same time they get to be a hassle to constantly remove and put back on.
What I do is use some empty single dvd cases for the anime I am currently watching and then switch them out so I am not using the regular gatefold holders as much.
In all the years i dealt with fx, i never got one set without a slipcase, not even those in the limited collections.
Kiruyuki Wrote:I know what you mean, but I want the slip cases because it saves the gatefold from wear. Constantly taking out sets without slipcases wears the case because the gatefold is made out of paper. I guess I'll just sell my fushigi yugi set then. and I'll try to buy it again, this time with a slip cases I hope. What is weird though is: the letters, picture text, etc on my fushigi yugi sets stick out of the gatefold. The letters are plastic/glossy looking. They were kinda like the Studio Ghibli Collection that MI put out 2-3 years ago. The letters are plastic/glossy like. I wonder if you guys' fushigi yugi sets have that glossiness in the letters/pictures/etc.

Well the pictures are glossy or shiny, but the lettering is just gold colored, not real shiny, and the background of the sets are dull, not shiny or glossy. I'm still interested in your set... I also have a couple of CD writer drives, 3 at 32 speed (PlexWriter, Mitsumi & Samsung), 1 at 24 speed (Yamaha) and 1 I don't know (NEC?) ... laugh... we pulled them when we installed DVD writer drives since those do both.... so if anybody is interested in one, you can let me know... (I'll trade for anime!!) all but one is the standard beige color, and one is a brighter white color.
All of the FX sets I bought came with the slip case. I had Fushigi Yugi by FX and it had the glaceried slip cases.
Pages: 1 2 3