Import Anime Forums

Full Version: MAC Discovery.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anywayz, since everyone here is worried about MAC reprinting their old sets into dvd-5. I decided to do a little investigation. So I went and ordered the Ayashi No Ceres Perfect Collection that JJ had in stock. I watched it and the quality wasn't different from when I owned it previously, I think the disks of ceres are still dvd-9. As for newer sets, I bought the new Sugar Little Snow Fairy boxset (mac) and the Melody of Oblivion boxsets off of ebay. and to my amazing surprise.......... Melody of Oblivion disks were all dvd-9. Sugar had great video quality and the disks were also dvd-9. I think Mac made a mistake when they made some sets, that is just my opinion anyways...... So yeah..... I guess MAC did kinda listen to people's email I guess. Those sets are the ones that I tested for dvd-5 and didn't find a single dvd-5 used. I could be wrong about other sets tho......
you can pretty much tell if the dvd is dvd-9 or dvd-5. you just have to look under the disks and the thickness of it. I know my idea sounds really farfetched, but it does work. I can explain the idea if someone wants me to.
1) You could have gotten lucky and avoided the dvd5 sets.
2) MAC admitted to using dvd5s and claimed to be so good at encoding blah blah blah, read the thread about it.
i love that thread...of course hey..anyone could just say they said that...MAC does odd stuff sometimes, every company has bad disks, FX had thier handful of bad stuff, and i do have sets here with bad FX disks (and yes some were misprinted DVD5's). personally i wouldnt believe anything that anyone says about that stuff unless you personally witness it.

B
Considering the response I got from MAC when I emailed them, I believe it.
Perhaps you got items from before the switch to DVD-5. If they reverted to DVD-9 then it would probably take a while for the DVD-5 stock to run out first.
CrayonShinChan Wrote:Perhaps you got items from before the switch to DVD-5. If they reverted to DVD-9 then it would probably take a while for the DVD-5 stock to run out first.

Yeah the old DVD-5s reverted back or not may still be a problem. The biggest question is what happens if you get a shitty DVD-5 I doubt you can get it replaced because of that fact alone and than your out of money on a shit disc...
DVD-5s or DVD-9s as long as the picture and sound quality are good and have little no no errors I don't mind eather one
Mantis421 Wrote:DVD-5s or DVD-9s as long as the picture and sound quality are good and have little no no errors I don't mind eather one

The picture would be the problem if it's DVD-5 on a series it's almost guaranteed to look horrible. I never bought any new MAC sets so I never encountered that but ive seen how bad pixelation gets when too much is put on a DVD-5.
Puppet Master Wrote:The picture would be the problem if it's DVD-5 on a series it's almost guaranteed to look horrible. I never bought any new MAC sets so I never encountered that but ive seen how bad pixelation gets when too much is put on a DVD-5.
nothing is guaranteed . Lots of variables can decide this and not every anime series is the same when it comes to how compressable it is.

Also i love how everyone is trying to rule out what Kiruyuki has posted out of her own experiances. If you wish to say they are not true then buy a new MAC and post your own experiances don't post theory's or excuses of why this could happen.
Kiruyuki Wrote:Anywayz, since everyone here is worried about MAC reprinting their old sets into dvd-5. I decided to do a little investigation. So I went and ordered the Ayashi No Ceres Perfect Collection that JJ had in stock. I watched it and the quality wasn't different from when I owned it previously, I think the disks of ceres are still dvd-9. As for newer sets, I bought the new Sugar Little Snow Fairy boxset (mac) and the Melody of Oblivion boxsets off of ebay. and to my amazing surprise.......... Melody of Oblivion disks were all dvd-9. Sugar had great video quality and the disks were also dvd-9. I think Mac made a mistake when they made some sets, that is just my opinion anyways...... So yeah..... I guess MAC did kinda listen to people's email I guess. Those sets are the ones that I tested for dvd-5 and didn't find a single dvd-5 used. I could be wrong about other sets tho......
I've noticed the same myself, so I think you're right.
speaking of which

what causes lines thru an anime???

my kino's journey came like that it's not a big deal but i thought it was worth askin
Cyrus Wrote:speaking of which

what causes lines thru an anime???

my kino's journey came like that it's not a big deal but i thought it was worth askin

The lines are supposed to be there read the FX reviews for the set. I believe Zagatto researched that.
Well I have two recent sets from MAC - Witch Hunter Robin and Inu Yasha Part1 Perfect and both are DVD5 which sucks. it's really noticiable in the video quality Sad
Also, there is a problem with some of the new mac sets. Balthier told me that MAC had cut the op/ed of the mahoromatic perfect set making one op/ed per disk. thats what balthier told me anyways......
Pages: 1 2