Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Sin City = Righteously Awesome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone else seen Sin city, I just saw it yesterday. Man that is one awesome movie, I dont know if anyone else has read the books but the movie is literaly a frame for frame word for word transfer. The cg and style of the movie is down right amazing. As long as you dont mind characters talking to themselves as they do in comics then youll love this movie. But it is very dark and gritty, not a movie for the less mature like those under 17. Some argue that age makes no difference, but anyone over 18 knows it truly does. Back on topic everyone go see this movie it is one definitely to see in the theater. Oh and see if you can spot Frank Millers cameo ( the creator).
Yeah, I saw it the night it came out. Great movie. I felt they could have played with the colors a little more but over all it was awsome.
It's great to hear good things about this movie, I was hoping it would end up being quite well.
I was going to make this same topic, but didn't. Most conversations about movies around here just don't seem to last long. I really enjoyed this movie. Especially Marv. I was blown away. Here's an article that I found quite interesting:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/600/600858p1.html

And that is how it is done. It makes me wish that more directors would take charge and make a great DVD.
Yeah they could have done some more with the colors but the scenes where the camera pulls back to black and white only it looks exactly like the comic its really cool. One thing I loved about the movie and also the comic is that there really is no hero, just a lot of anti-heros. I especially liked how they expaneded on mickey rourkes face using prostetics to that squarish block look, exactly like the comic. I also thought it was cool how blood was white sometimes and other times red, it brought back memories of evil dead two when the house is gushing blood and they switch between 4 or 5 colors one after the other pounding Campbell, good stuff.
Great movie, Robert Rodriguez is the fuckin man for letting Frank Miller direct segments. Miller is a great writer(with the exception of DK2). Hope the other books get made into movies.
I would love to see Hardboiled made into a cell shaded masterpiece.
Damn You all!!! i soooooooo wanna watch it but have to wait in the UK
i could download it but i dont wanna ruin the experience with a dodgy cinema rip
How long do you have to wait for it?
its out on 3rd June!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
doubt i can wait that long Sad
And the movie industry wonders why people download movies.
exactly... everytime that stoopid wait....urghhhhhhh
and guess what im d/ling it right now... D'oh
Why does it take soo long for it to be released in the uk? It's not like anything needs to be done to the movie, or is it edited or something, because I heard that the uk release of evil dead 2 had the scene where Ash was kicked while on the ground edited out. Whats up with that? Anyway I am going to go see it again this week, I will probably see it 3 times, before its dvd release.
lord knows but its been happening for decades...
think its so that they can market a movie and its merchandise for as long as possible, with less pressure on merchandise stock levels if its a hit etc...
plus its easier for promo...or the star haveto be in like verywhere at once for the film premieres and promos etc...

but it still sucks ass Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
I saw it last night. It had crazy violence and I wasn?t really expecting that. I thought it was pretty cool, but agree it could have used more in the color effect. But any movie with an army of hot gun-totting hookers is alright in my book. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2