Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Sin City = Righteously Awesome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i was completely satisfied after i watched the movie. For once a movie that isn't watered down. The movie doesn't need anymore color it was done perfectly the way it is. color was used more for emphasis, like the color of peoples eyes or the color of clive owens shoes, it was perfect.

frank miller played the priest who got it in the head, very gratifying.
Fantastic film, best film I have seen in a long time. I really hope it does well. I saw a copied version from the cinema, but it was a good copy and a kickass movie, just everything about it so welll done and style-ised.
I thought this movie sucked ass. Black and whitish coloring didn't help. To me it's another one of those predictable half-assed brutality movies. If you want snuff go to http://www.ogrish.com this show is trash. I rate it 2 out of 5 stars. A toddler could have conjured up the plot ideas for this film.
kakoi_sugoi_yama Wrote:I would love to see Hardboiled made into a cell shaded masterpiece.

that would be awesome. it makes me wonder if Woo would be into that kind of idea.
balthier Wrote:A toddler could have conjured up the plot ideas for this film.

Go ahead and try.
First of all blathier, movies started in black and white and black and white has a quality all its own. The movie just so you know is based on a black and white comic, maybe since you live in alaska( if thats true anyway) you might not get out much or hear about popular comics. Secondly this movie is not a snuff film, I am not going to click that link but if that is a site for snuff films then you have serious issues you need to work out. Its a simple story with a world full of antiheros. I dont even know why I am writing this you obviously have your head up you bottom so go fly a kite.
antiheroes... so like another Marvel film? lately there has been a shitload of comic book movies, "Spikerman" "elektra" "uh the one with the blind guy (Ben Afflick) played in" the spiderman sequels ect... ohyea Catwoman lol

Guess these comic book guys are gonna start exploiting the movie industry now. It just seems to be getting old with "heroes" and "bad guys" now which are unrealistic who the fuck dresses up in a spandex costume and fights crime?

Hope this movie isn't like that. I'll watch it though, just think the ideas are old / rehashed shit most likely predictable with alot of forshadowing
Quote:Hope this movie isn't like that. I'll watch it though

Em..its sounds like you haven't even seen the film yet, so how can you judge it when you have not even seen it? Seems a tad hypocrytical to me, especially the way you try to totally slam the film....*cough*looking for attention?*cough*
Well I wish it was that way balthier, but it is the movie industry that is taking advantage of the comic books. Blade was a huge hit back in 1998. Since then everyone has been taking a stab at a diffirent hero or antihero. But unlike Batman, Spiderman, X-men, and Daredevil. Sin City is sticking true to the printed material it came from.

Just like Schindlers List it is only using color to add impact to what needs it. If you don't like Sin City great that is the nice thing about choice no one makes you pay money to see it.
Just saw this AWESOME film! In the UK but I downloaded it :o Naughty...

So good though... I don't normally like comic book adaptations but this was truely awesome... Modern film noir masterpiece! Good svcd copy aswell if anyone is worried about the quality spoiling the film (but if you are in the USA get down the cinema you lucky fools!). I am so buying this on dvd! Which bits did Tarrentino direct or was it just general tips? The Bruce Willis car scene at the begining made me think of the Uma Thurman one in Kill Bill vol.2 as soon as it kicked in.
Pages: 1 2