Import Anime Forums

Full Version: bored and waiting for my flight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am simultaneously bored by waiting for my flight out of Halifax and amused that I have free wireless access to keep me entertained while I'm waiting. This is only my third flight of my life and the first time without my parents.

I've been working here since Wednesday and only had enough time for 8 hours of sleep total. Getting home to Reb and Katina is at the top of my list now.

Great... they just announced that my flight has been delayed thirty minutes... at least I'm getting paid for this...

Gonna log off and stretch my legs for a bit.
Waiting for your plane to take off is so damn boring. But not as boring as waiting to get on your plane. I am never going on a plane ever again.
Black Howling Wrote:Waiting for your plane to take off is so damn boring. But not as boring as waiting to get on your plane. I am never going on a plane ever again.

Correction planes are pretty boring no matter how you look at it...
Well im getting on one on wednesday to go to fuerteventura im well excited! Waiting is boring though, still i've got a sexy portable media center to watch some fansubs on while I wait!
I will be at the airport on Thursday morning getting ready to board my flight to Houston for Hilarycon.
I admit the waiting can be boring sometimes if you aren't prepared. However all you need

are a few good books while you are waiting. The only problem this doesn't solve is when

you are in line. After that more reading while you are waiting to take off. Then once you

take off, that is when the fun starts. If you have a window seat you get to look outside

and realize how beautiful the world is. Thats my view on it anyway. Then again maybe its

stayed a novelty to me because I haven't used them much. Anyway the point is there are

ways to keep yourself entertained.
im wierd coz i actually enjoy being on planes and airports coz you get to meet loadsa diff people from everywhere...but thats mainly coz i just talk to strangers to prevent boredom setting in...
I've been thru more airports than I care to mention and been on so many planes, the novelty of it all has worn off. I don't mind flying, it's sometimes the fastest way from point A to point B...especially if point A is the Middle East and point B is Schultz and Evelyn!!
rav96 Wrote:im wierd coz i actually enjoy being on planes and airports coz you get to meet loadsa diff people from everywhere...but thats mainly coz i just talk to strangers to prevent boredom setting in...

That's true the first time but it gets pretty boring after that. Personally even going to and back made me wanna go to sleep.
It's still in the novelty stage for me so I'm enjoying it while I can. This was my first flight ever without my parents (and I'm almost 35) so it was kind of special for me.

Of course I was kind of punchy on the way home from having put in 44 hours of work over a 3 day period.

I'd love it if we had teleporters. Imagine stepping into a phone booth and being transported instantly across the globe. I know it's basic science fiction but it's a good fiction.
Zagatto Wrote:I'd love it if we had teleporters. Imagine stepping into a phone booth and being transported instantly across the globe. I know it's basic science fiction but it's a good fiction.

Maybe someday it will be reality...Hell anythings possible more or less.
Zagatto Wrote:I'd love it if we had teleporters. Imagine stepping into a phone booth and being transported instantly across the globe. I know it's basic science fiction but it's a good fiction.

You'd never get me in one... Imagine if all it did was recreate you then kill the other you! What if nobody knew and everyone got killed and cloned... If it went wrong there could be two of you! :eek:
yea planes suck.. I ended up having to go 3/4 away around the world with about 7 take off's and landings all in about 72 hours time frame, when i deployed last time.. My god did that suck. But airports are starting to have nice commodities.. Specially when having a laptop and wireless..
i like to fly, but flying across the pacific ocean, damn that was tooooo long.
its fun talking to people while you wait for your flight too. of course to kill time and meet new people.
but if ya want the interesting ones, take the bus. hahaha
<snipsnipsnip>
Pages: 1 2