Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Who is switching to R1 and Why? Cuz of FX bust?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, just curious if anyone is switching to R1 because of FX bust? List your reasons why you're switching to R1, if not just because of FX bust...

1. I already own most complete anime series on R1 or HK
2. Only stuff left on my buy list is new animes that aren't fully released
3. I get a warm feeling inside when I know I'm helping the R1 companies Big Grin
4. MAC and MI blow at creating sets, giving a 50% chance something will be wrong or messed up with any NEW HK set you order. (Since they don't usually make their own)

If you got other reasons list them too.
At the moment im buying R1 not because of FX stopping but because I have a huge backlog of stuff to watch that i'd rather spend my cash collecting sets of my favorite shows than waste money buying new shows. Im getting all the Maison Ikkoku sets at the moment. I also started downloading more R1 rips... If I love the show, I'll go out and buy it on R1. I might get the odd long series on HK though and I'll always buy R2 ripped sets that use fansubs...
gubi-gubi Wrote:At the moment im buying R1 not because of FX stopping but because I have a huge backlog of stuff to watch that i'd rather spend my cash collecting sets of my favorite shows than waste money buying new shows. Im getting all the Maison Ikkoku sets at the moment. I also started downloading more R1 rips... If I love the show, I'll go out and buy it on R1. I might get the odd long series on HK though and I'll always buy R2 ripped sets that use fansubs...

Nice, I'm collecting the R1 Maison Ikkoku boxes too. They're really cheap only $30 for each box (33 eps) is what i paid on amazon.com for them brand new.

Yea, I also collect my favorites. YYH was done so horrible by FX, MI, MAC, I'm just gonna finish the series buying them on R1 as they come out.

Btw where do you download R1 rips? Does bit torrent have them? There are a few dozen series I wouldn't mind checking out to see if I like.
balthier Wrote:Btw where do you download R1 rips? Does bit torrent have them? There are a few dozen series I wouldn't mind checking out to see if I like.

I mainly use DC++ for older stuff. Occaisionly i'll use bittorrent but mainly I just leave DC++ on all week. Just got Miami Guns off it and the Original Dirty Pair. Just ordered some boxsets off Rightstuffs deal of the week aswell. Replacing my Fruits Basket and Chobits HKs and more Ikkoku!
Where can i get DC++ and is it free? When i try to search for it i get district of columbia and shit
balthier Wrote:Where can i get DC++ and is it free? When i try to search for it i get district of columbia and shit

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/

As for the thread topic... I tend to go with whatever is a good bargin, be it R1 or HK. I am hoping that MAC and MI will make good sets, but if not, then I will pretty much stop buying anime unless the R1 is good and cheep or a series that is a must-own (which I am sure my wallet will thank me, as I have probley spent well over $2000 on HK anime this last year).

I am a cheapscape.
darkanx Wrote:I have probley spent well over $2000 on HK anime this last year).

That's enough spent on HK sets to have every anime ever worth owning :eek:
balthier Wrote:That's enough spent on HK sets to have every anime ever worth owning :eek:

Yeah, almost. Still a few I want to get.
I already get R1's. Death of fx may have a small effect on my buying habits.
I just found out the downloading scene so I'll be busy with that. If HK's go under I'll buy no series anymore period. Just the odd anime movie or a really good show for $50 in my country. Its not worth more to me.
balthier Wrote:That's enough spent on HK sets to have every anime ever worth owning :eek:
Actually...it's not.
I usually will buy HK or R1. If it is a movie or an OVA I have no problem going R1. Since the problem FX has had I have gotten alittle more picky on what I am willing to pick up that is HK. Probably only going to fill out my collection of HK with whats left of the FX stock here for the moment and then take a total pause myself for a while in getting any anime until alittle bit after the semester is over for me.
for me i will almost always go r1 if it's an anime movie and if it's good like if i have seen it already.

If it looks ok i might grab it hk cus i do save some money

as far as series go if i can pay 50 or less for a 24 episode series then i will consider r1 if it's more forget it.

as far as getting the r1 of anime i havn't seen yet im very ancy of getting it because it's gonna be pretty expensive and right now i don't work.

but i am gonna pick up the r1 of steamboy if it's as good as i hear Heck i'll prolly get it before i see it unless it hits theaters then imma gonna go first day after school
Not going to change my habits that much.

I have a big anime backlog to catch up on and I have an even bigger backlog of Hk live action to watch as well.

In the meantime, I do like screaming deals and I am going to check out my local Big Lots to see if they have these cheap anime dvd's that people have been talking about. I will buy anime movies on occasion and I will still get MAC stuff or whatever springs up. I also get free screener dvds every month from some R1 companies for my anime club so that is nice as well.
Well, I intend to keep on buying mostly HKs 'cause it's much easier for me to buy loads of anime that way and since I don't have anything against MAC...
Despite buying HKs I buy R1s as well, when the deal is worth it, so I guess I'll just keep doing that.
Pages: 1 2