Import Anime Forums

Full Version: UK: Channel 4's 100 Greatest Cartoons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently, Britain's Channel 4 network polled several Britons on what their favorite cartoon was. Their results will be televised on C4 tonight (2/27).

Meanwhile, here's the complete list, according to Channel 4:

1. The Simpsons
2. Tom and Jerry
3. South Park
4. Toy Story/Toy Story 2
5. Family Guy
6. Shrek/Shrek 2
7. The Lion King
8. Spirited Away
9. The Incredibles
10. Bugs Bunny
11. The Flintstones
12. The Iron Giant
13. The Nightmare Before Christmas
14. Finding Nemo
15. Wallace and Gromit
16. Akira
17. Aladdin
18. The Ren and Stimpy Show
19. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
20. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies
21. Princess Mononoke
22. Monsters, Inc
23. Popeye
24. Danger Mouse
25. Pinnochio
26. Futurama
27. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
28. Spongebob Squarepants
29. Dungeons and Dragons
30. Daffy Duck
31. Mickey Mouse
32. Beavis and Butthead
33. Beauty and the Beast
34. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
35. Sylvester and Tweety
36. Magic Roundabout
37. Transformers
38. 101 Dalmations
39. Charlie Brown
40. Rugrats
41. King of the Hill
42. Samurai Jack
43. Ivor the Engine
44. Spider-Man
45. Pokemon
46. Inspector Gadget
47. Road Runner
48. Bod
49. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
50. Donald Duck
51. The Little Mermaid
52. 2DTV
53. Fantasia
54. Thundercats
55. Winnie the Pooh
56. Fritz the Cat
57. The Jungle Book
58. The Powerpuff Girls
59. Chicken Run
60. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
61. Foghorn Leghorn
62. Battle of the Planets (a.k.a. "Gachaman")
63. Bambi
64. Top Cat
65. A Bug's Life
66. Captain Pugwash
67. The Snowman
68. Hong Kong Phooey
69. Wind in the Willows
70. Monty Python
71. Alice in Wonderland
72. Legend of the Overfiend
73. Pepe le Pew
74. Willo the Wisp
75. Lady and the Tramp
76. Belleville Rendezvous
77. The Adventures of Tintin
78. Noggin the Nog
79. Peter Pan
80. Yogi Bear
81. Babar
82. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
83. Dumbo
84. Roobarb
85. Droopy Dog
86. Watership Down
87. Jamie and the Magic Torch ("torch" is British for "flashlight")
88 Woody Woodpecker
89. Felix the Cat
90. Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels
91. Mighty Mouse
92. Animal Farm
93. Mr Magoo
94. Queer Duck
95. Charley Says...
96. Betty Boop
97. Huckleberry Hound
98. Wait till Your Father Gets Home
99. The Pink Panther
100. Wacky Races
... am i the only one here who feels dissapointed that pokemon even made it on to this list?
The ninja turtles are only at #27!? Dude, people in the UK really don't know a good cartoon when they see one.

And spirited away at #8? Wtf... lol. Oh well, just kinda strange to me.
Quote:The ninja turtles are only at #27!? Dude, people in the UK really don't know a good cartoon when they see one.

It could've been worse -- when the series originally aired in Britain, the show was called "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles", as broadcasting regulators didn't like the word "Ninja".
wtf.... i say we burn the brodcasting peoples :mad: :mad: :mad:

sorry... im just really tired right now Big Grin
the list is just a sign of the times

the fact that crap and yes i do mean crap like pokemon makes it onto the list at all is really sad

it's just like popular music

when someone who doesen't play their own instruments write their own songs heck they don't even sing them they lipsync and then when they feel they aren't making enough money although all they really have to do is look pretty and dance they sue the record company and make lots of money........

everything is going downhill from movies to music to peoples oppinions

Im not going to say i know what all the best stuff is cus i don't but people are ignorant of whats good and they enjoy crap. The fact that only 3 or 4 anime's made it onto the list is either because they are not exposed to it or because they have been taught to like crap so companies don't have to try harder

i mean look at some of the shows on today like totally spies and super monkey robot whatever and so forth

Im just glad that for the most part most Anime is still high quality at least what true anime lovers tend to buy

as far as pokemon digimon yugioh all of that goes and every other collect the monsters to evolve them or card battle anime goes it's good that it's being contained and that poor workmenship isn't coming into good anime like cowboy bebop or trigun or whatever but only the future can tell...
thats enuff rambling outta me
i just looked at the 100 tearjerkers list thing

and

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST ONLY GOT 94

what kinda crap is that

i guess Jesus being tortured isn't that sad

WHAT THE HECK

i understand that not everyone cried but come on i am sure i know at least 50 who did
72. Legend of the Overfiend

is this what i think it is? Urotskukidoji hentai listed on the top 100 animated shows? ;p
Um wtf is Queer Duck?
I love the Simpsons as much as anybody, but I didn't realize that the British did too. South Park #3 what the hell? What the fuck is up with Danger Mouse only being #26 and where the hell is Count Duckula?
Not quite sure what Queer Duck is, But Urotsukidoji is or was quite popular over here, it was one of the most widely available anime in the UK about 10 Years ago on the Manga Label along with the likes of crying freeman and dominion tank police.

And I can't beleive that FUTURAMA came in at 26!! it should have been in the TOP TEN!!
evilomar Wrote:I love the Simpsons as much as anybody, but I didn't realize that the British did too. South Park #3 what the hell? What the fuck is up with Danger Mouse only being #26 and where the hell is Count Duckula?

With South Park I have to agree now it's really turned to pure CRAP...Stopped watching that a while back...
Cyrus Wrote:the list is just a sign of the times

the fact that crap and yes i do mean crap like pokemon makes it onto the list at all is really sad

it's just like popular music

when someone who doesen't play their own instruments write their own songs heck they don't even sing them they lipsync and then when they feel they aren't making enough money although all they really have to do is look pretty and dance they sue the record company and make lots of money........

everything is going downhill from movies to music to peoples oppinions

Im not going to say i know what all the best stuff is cus i don't but people are ignorant of whats good and they enjoy crap. The fact that only 3 or 4 anime's made it onto the list is either because they are not exposed to it or because they have been taught to like crap so companies don't have to try harder

i mean look at some of the shows on today like totally spies and super monkey robot whatever and so forth

Im just glad that for the most part most Anime is still high quality at least what true anime lovers tend to buy

as far as pokemon digimon yugioh all of that goes and every other collect the monsters to evolve them or card battle anime goes it's good that it's being contained and that poor workmenship isn't coming into good anime like cowboy bebop or trigun or whatever but only the future can tell...
thats enuff rambling outta me

Dude! For the love of God, use periods. Seriously. You're trying to convince people of a point of view but you can't do something as simple as use a period. You're not going to convince anyone if you can't use a damn period so people know what the hell you're saying.

And South Park sucks now. I havn't even heard about 25 or more of those top 100, so there's really something wrong with that list...
Just noticed, they polled "several" britons. Perhaps they just polled 100 of them and put their answers in the order they called them? =P Would explain why a hentai made it onto the list lol.
Queer duck was created by one of the simpsons guys and its the first ever openly gay cartoon character (supposedly but yaoi anyone?). As for Pokemon you got to understand that in terms of cartoons its been pretty damn successful! Sponge Bob Square Pants or what ever that crap is was on there so why not? It was more based on how influential or money making they were... Spirited Away ranked high because of the box office and stuff but in terms of anime Monoke was better but how are they going to know?
Pages: 1 2 3