Import Anime Forums

Full Version: UK: Channel 4's 100 Greatest Cartoons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
sorry bout the period dealy it was late.

but all i gotta say in addition to that

This is my rifle this is my gun this is for fighting this is for fun. (Guess who)
Private Pile isn't it
What can i say the majority of the UK haven't been exposed to the awesomness that is anime apart from the big maisnstream western hits..gah

and arent you poeple forgetting Thundercats has some Japanese Heritage/Production!!! so maybe highlight that!
There needs to be two seperate lists. One for movies the other for television shows.
rugrats1 Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles? LMFAO I agree that name IS TERRIBLE!
Quote:arent you poeple forgetting Thundercats has some Japanese Heritage/Production!!!

So are "The Jackson 5", "The Osmonds" and "The Hobbit", though we don't exactly call those shows "anime".
I for one feel ashamed to be british because of this hahahaha. The simpsons #1!!!!! Where was rurouni kenshin in that list, or last exile or or hahaha. I agree though that the mass population haven't been exposed to anime, although i am surprised at the anime that did appear. It is very weird but most of my friends who like anime all seem to have a copy of legend of the overfiend on dvd....i even have it, i think there was a period when you could buy it really cheap like £2.99 so loads of people bought the dvd hahahah.

I was pretty disappointed with the simpsons being #1 and shit like south park being in the top 100. They are all stale series, that should have been cancelled years ago :p I just wish Channel 4 did more anime nights like this one time when they had a whole day with just japanese cinema on, i remember they had blood the last vampire and all sorts. Would it kill them to do a Scifi channel (thursday nights anime night) type thing !!!!!!
Dude, our sci fi channel doesnt even do that lol. Come to think of it, I havn't seen anime on the sci fi for a lotta years. Course I don't watch tv as much as I used to, so it could still be on sometimes.
Dude, they're missing a lot of the oldies.... like Captain N: The Game Master, Denver: The Last Dinosaur, Smurfs, or Ghostbusters?

Heh, did anyone else notice how many of the top 15 are either claymation or CG? 4 of which are Pixar (if you count Toy Story 1 and 2 as different films).
Cidien Wrote:Dude, our sci fi channel doesnt even do that lol. Come to think of it, I havn't seen anime on the sci fi for a lotta years. Course I don't watch tv as much as I used to, so it could still be on sometimes.

Last time I saw Anime on Sci-Fi was over 11 years ago.
Wow they don't show any thursday night anymore? I don't have the scifi channel anymore but about a couple of years ago they used to put a few eps of a couple of series on each thursday night. HAHAHAHA shame cartoon network doesn't have the same amount of anime as the US ver eh!
Dude! I so want them to release Denver the last dinosaur on dvd. There is so many old cartoon shows i'd love to buy on dvd so i'd have more than pixar dvds to choose from when babysitting my neice. Once again i'd like to note that the company with the turtles license that isn't releasing the turtles on dvd needs to go bankrupt immediately.
Ohh, I've seen anime on my sci-fi channel. "Space" (how original) They played Leiji Matsumoto's Galaxy Express 999, and they constantly show commericals for Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex. (well, they used to, I really don't watch much TV anymore)

And..what the hell is with Pokemon? Damn list.
w00t for Miyazaki's stuff, and Akira though ^^
SIMPSONS AT NUMBER ONE is bang On in my opinion...

they reached every audience and still funny to this day though there are some dodgy eps

Anime is not nmainstream so sadly left out but hey it was a poll of the mainstream in the UK now having one in Japan would be very different story Wink
Psygnius Wrote:Dude, they're missing a lot of the oldies.... like Captain N: The Game Master, Denver: The Last Dinosaur, Smurfs, or Ghostbusters?

Heh, did anyone else notice how many of the top 15 are either claymation or CG? 4 of which are Pixar (if you count Toy Story 1 and 2 as different films).

i was indeeed shocked without Denver (land b4 time ripoff) or Ghostbusters!!!
ahhh my innocence lost Wink
Pages: 1 2 3