Import Anime Forums

Full Version: AV and MI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When it comes to anime quality, how does AV or MI perform against FX. Is there a major quality difference?

And what't better, AV or MI (specifically Full Metal Alchemist)?
dhopz Wrote:When it comes to anime quality, how does AV or MI perform against FX. Is there a major quality difference?

And what't better, AV or MI (specifically Full Metal Alchemist)?

Read the reviews...
Really it depends on the set. Sometimes they are better than fx, sometimes worse. Honestly overall quality doesn't differ that much between companies, its just that fx was always fastest with the popular R1 rips so they got a good name through that.

Exception is MAC who seem to be using some dvd5's lately so I wait for reviews before buying from them now but the rest of the companies if I want it I just buy it (unless there already are negative reviews).
AV is god............
Quality wise, AV is much better than FX. They never had dodgy disc problems like FX did. I don't think I ever heard of anyone having disc problems with AV titles.
Quote:I don't think I ever heard of anyone having disc problems with AV titles.

Though the actual source that the DVD is based on is another story (TV rips, Engrish subs).
i dont own any AV titles so not sure...aer the packaging the smaller MI/MAC style one or proper DVDcase size like MI or FX ???
AV is proper dvd size like fx. Only MAC has the smaller size.
AV used to be the ones that printed FX disks and even back then there was some dodgy fx disks. The incidence of dodgy disks is much lower with av, mi & mac though.

Printing on the box sets seems lower with av and mi.
yes Proper siz coz the smaller size just looks plain ol' wired on a shelf mext to proper sized DVDs but thats me just bitchin who really cares
i never really notice that, but now i do, and it does have a funny look to it.
ahhh, the horror, the horror......
but i think both are ok, not much difference to me, except the size now.
borrowed the first part from MI.
tv rip, through vhs.
grainy, colourbleed, ghosts.
pure evil.

don't buy it. the fansubbed DTV version is far more superior.
The box size is just another example of why the people running MAC are stupid. If there is an FX set and a MAC set of the same thing, I always took FX cuz the MAC sets look retarded. There's lost sales right there. Now with their dvd-5s I think MACs going to lose a LOT of business.
The MAC box size is due to shipping considerations since they fit perfect into fed ex boxes. I guess it is all down to moolah in the end.
I doubt they're saving all that much moolah in shipping compaired to lost sales. I know i'm not the only one that passes on MAC when possible simply because of their box size.
Pages: 1 2