Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Warning for some MAC new title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Actually this issue used to be discussed on arcticnightfall recently that MAC has switched almost all of their new releases to dvd5. I can guarantee this because I own some MAC's recent dvds and found the same thing. I am unhappy with it as well. Sad
All the MAC sets that I have bought have been amazing, Soul Taker, Giant Robo (3 Disc Set), Night Warriors etc. My friend just purchased MAC's new Dragonball GT Perfect Collection Part 2, which is a new release with them. The picture and sound is perfect.No flaws at all

I haven't bought any new releases with DTS but if MAC are converting there 5.1 and 2.0 channels in to DTS then this will decrease the quality of the rips as DTS audio channels take up nearly 1 gig per disc. If they intended to keep on the DTS audio etc they have no choice but to put them on DVD-9's as a DVD-5 with DTS & 2.0 would mean you would have about 3.2 gigs left on the disc for video quality

Just my 2 cents Smile
guts45 Wrote:I haven't bought any new releases with DTS but if MAC are converting there 5.1 and 2.0 channels in to DTS then this will decrease the quality of the rips as DTS audio channels take up nearly 1 gig per disc. If they intended to keep on the DTS audio etc they have no choice but to put them on DVD-9's as a DVD-5 with DTS & 2.0 would mean you would have about 3.2 gigs left on the disc for video quality

I don't think they really care. They are complete idiots and insist that they have some 'special' ways of making video look just as good on dvd-5 as on dvd-9.
I recently ordered the MAC 10 dvd Perfect LE Kenshin set, theyre dvd-5's at roughly 10 episodes per disc, I'm not happy :/.
From what i understand

FX is producing now and things are getting back to normal because they didn't lose as much as people thought.

I don't know if this is true but i did hear that the main people in the staff got away fine and so stuff should be back to normal soon and on another site i think they just got a substantial FX order in whether that is new stuff or just warehouse stock from FX i don't know but yeah thats what i know

I really hope FX is back soon though it's really sad that they got in trouble.
Whats wrong with this guys?

FLCL perfect collotion DTS version (websit said D9)
Disk1 D5 with 6 episodes total data on disk about 3G

please be specific thanks! Cool
Can anyone tell me how to actually go about ordering from the MAC site? And what are payment options? How fast do they normally ship? I wanted to purchase a bunch of titles in bulk. I e-mailed them asking about it, but didn't get any reply.
Gattsu Wrote:I recently ordered the MAC 10 dvd Perfect LE Kenshin set, theyre dvd-5's at roughly 10 episodes per disc, I'm not happy :/.

That's weird. I'm pretty sure it used to be dvd9's on that set and it was an ok rip. Are they pressing everything on dvd5's now including their old sets? Next they'll start selling them on dvd-r's.
Yeah I just bought the Studio Ghibli 14 movie 6 DVD MAC set, supposed to be DVD9 and they are all single layer DVD5's pretty fragile as just takinging one of them out of the box nearly cracked it in the centre wheere the lock is. The video is pretty grainy and bright and off centre on some movies not impressed at all,

The SKU# fro this set is T6C190 , but I have also noted it is under AC190 aswell
elcoholic Wrote:That's weird. I'm pretty sure it used to be dvd9's on that set and it was an ok rip. Are they pressing everything on dvd5's now including their old sets? Next they'll start selling them on dvd-r's.

Before DVD 5 of course the rips were fine. For some reason MAC seems to think that they have some magical technique from some far off land that makes DVD-5s look as good as DVD-9s. All I can say is there logic comes from some far off place Rolleyes
lol good stuff ^
Perhaps all the major site owners need to get together and complain and perhaps even stop carrying MAC if they refuse to go back to dvd-9's. MACs and the site owners are going to suffer less sales. I doubt most of you are THAT cheap that you'd still buy really crappy quality anime for less.
Cidien Wrote:Perhaps all the major site owners need to get together and complain and perhaps even stop carrying MAC if they refuse to go back to dvd-9's. MACs and the site owners are going to suffer less sales. I doubt most of you are THAT cheap that you'd still buy really crappy quality anime for less.

Seconded (Damn Ten Characters)
i agree also
I just got Fatal Fury: Double Impact (MAC) from a friend who just got it in, The running time is over 2 hours and the disc dosen't even use the whole 4.7 g (dvd-5) it only uses 3.1 gigs of the disc :o and the pixilation is terrible. I used to love MAC, my old DVD-9 Lodosss War 5 disc set & Princess Miyu (ahh those were the days)

Oh also i agree with everyone, let MAC know there dvd-5's suck
Pages: 1 2 3 4