Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What the Hell!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The last time I went to the closest movie theater Kerasotes Showplace 12 where I used to work to see a movie I saw a very unplesant surprise that made me think of TV. All of a sudden they had twelve product, car etc advertisements just like the ones on TV. Now that's just not right you pay to see a movie not sit through 20 minutes of that crap! Has anyone else had this happen by them?
At least it's not DURING the movie. Personally, I think it was a great idea, and I've been pushing for it for like a year or so in my marketing classes. It's the only time you can't turn off the commercial, and people will actually pay attention. If you're really pissed at it, then don't show up until 5 minutes after the movie starts and sacrifice a good seat.

Besides, if you got there early, then you were watching those still-frame ads, it's basically the same thing but better. It's not like I'm on a deadline when I'm going to see a movie (okay, the movie ends at 10:12 PM, we'll leave right when the credits hit and then... OH CRAP 15 Minutes of Commercials!?! Oh No! That means we'll be leaving the theatre at 10:27! Mommy's gonna kill me!) I personally enjoy the 10 minutes of movie trailers that they show. It keeps me on the lookout for other movies. And those 5 minute American Express movies are somewhat like getting an added bonus... kinda like extras on DVDs.
Psygnius Wrote:At least it's not DURING the movie. Personally, I think it was a great idea, and I've been pushing for it for like a year or so in my marketing classes. It's the only time you can't turn off the commercial, and people will actually pay attention. If you're really pissed at it, then don't show up until 5 minutes after the movie starts and sacrifice a good seat.

Besides, if you got there early, then you were watching those still-frame ads, it's basically the same thing but better. It's not like I'm on a deadline when I'm going to see a movie (okay, the movie ends at 10:12 PM, we'll leave right when the credits hit and then... OH CRAP 15 Minutes of Commercials!?! Oh No! That means we'll be leaving the theatre at 10:27! Mommy's gonna kill me!) I personally enjoy the 10 minutes of movie trailers that they show. It keeps me on the lookout for other movies. And those 5 minute American Express movies are somewhat like getting an added bonus... kinda like extras on DVDs.

Wrong they start those stupid commercials when the movie itself is scheduled to. These arent movie trailers im talking about either those I don't mind but twenty minutes of the bullshit I see on TV everyday is extremely annoying. The still ads are still there if it was before the movies scheduled to start it would be one thing but how its done is annoying.
They've been doing that here in Portugal for ages. But it's not that bad, really! We only have to watch 5min of commercials followed by 10min of movie trailers. I suppose it doesn't bother me because I'm used to it. I do go to the movie theater more than 100 times a year so if I wasn't used to it by know I'd be insane.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:They've been doing that here in Portugal for ages. But it's not that bad, really! We only have to watch 5min of commercials followed by 10min of movie trailers. I suppose it doesn't bother me because I'm used to it. I do go to the movie theater more than 100 times a year so if I wasn't used to it by know I'd be insane.

lol it started out like that here. But as I said its 20 minutes of Ads now
i've wached movies at theaters alot, but i don't think i've ever had 20 mins worth of ads. trailers are good to watch, but i don't watch the credits.
Let me put it this way:

IF I EVER SEE ANOTHER FUCKING FANTA COMMERCIAL I WILL FANTA ALL OVER SOME COCA-COLA MANS FACE. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate those stupid adds. They are horrible not just cause you have to sit through them, but because they put the idea in your head that suicide is a good alternative to being in the theater at that moment. They have to be the worst, most annoying damn commercials on the planet.
Blight Wrote:Let me put it this way:

IF I EVER SEE ANOTHER FUCKING FANTA COMMERCIAL I WILL FANTA ALL OVER SOME COCA-COLA MANS FACE. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate those stupid adds. They are horrible not just cause you have to sit through them, but because they put the idea in your head that suicide is a good alternative to being in the theater at that moment. They have to be the worst, most annoying damn commercials on the planet.

I agree whoever came up with that idea needs to realize annoying the hell out of consumers does NOT sell anything..
Yeah, I agree, those Fanta commercials are rather annoying and should be banned from the theatres. However, aside from Fanta and Sprite sodas, all coke products taste like crap anyways.

Hm... dunno which movie you went to, but I know I've never sat through 20 minutes of ads in a theatre yet. I'm pretty sure when I saw Phantom of the Opera, there may have been 15 minutes at the most (I'm pretty sure it really wasn't even that long) from the start of ads and trailers until the beginning of the movie.

* Psygnius likes the Cinemark!
hahaha, fanta, it can be annoying but i think its funny.
they'de do anything to make sales, hahaha.
Psygnius Wrote:Yeah, I agree, those Fanta commercials are rather annoying and should be banned from the theatres. However, aside from Fanta and Sprite sodas, all coke products taste like crap anyways.

* Black Howling likes the Cinemark!

Agreed! Coke tastes bad, really bad. But Fanta tastes the best IMO.

P.S. Screw the trailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
It may annoy you, but it sure as hell does make you think about Fanta a lot. I wonder how much they spend on commercials in movies. I havn't seen a movie in the past 6 months or maybe even longer without a fanta commercial.
Here in ontario we have to watch all these stupid goverment ads for Stupid.ca, not downloading movies, etc. then you have to sit through all the commercials and then through all the movie trailers which i dont mind so much. last time i went with my friend, he stood up and was like "STFU and start the fucking movie." needless to say, we almost got kicked out. Rolleyes
vegeta76 Wrote:Last time i went with my friend, he stood up and was like "STFU and start the fucking movie." needless to say, we almost got kicked out. Rolleyes

Ha ha ha, I have been to the movies with friends who have threatened to kill peeps for not turning off their cell phones but it was like the tenth time and fourth person so I was pissed too. It was OK till Beaver threatened to roll the usher down the isle when the guy told him to shut up and I had to buy tickets for Jackass again. Sometimes my friends embarrass me.
Blight Wrote:Ha ha ha, I have been to the movies with friends who have threatened to kill peeps for not turning off their cell phones but it was like the tenth time and fourth person so I was pissed too. It was OK till Beaver threatened to roll the usher down the isle when the guy told him to shut up and I had to buy tickets for Jackass again. Sometimes my friends embarrass me.

Ah, what are friends for? :p
Pages: 1 2 3