Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking of choosing a new anime to start off the new semester and I have

narrowed it down to these three.

Escaflowne

Bubblegum Crisis

Vampire Princess Miyu

Which would be the best to get first? Im kind of torn between the three. Any input would

help. Thanks again.
Well Vampire Princess Miyu TV Series is the only one ive seen and it wasnt all that great due to the fact that the enemies always changed it was a villan of the day show so to speak. No true buildup for a main villan till the last few episodes on top of that. But that's your call just telling you..
I've only seen Escaflowne out of those and I really liked it. It is a good story, good action, and it keeps things serious. (which is what I tend to prefer in my anime)
Vampire Princess Miyu. Watch the OAV first then the TV serie
Old school BGC, or 2040 BGC?
WandererX12 Wrote:Old school BGC, or 2040 BGC?

2040 I believe, besides I think its funny that in 35 years we'll be looking for the characters

of this anime. I mean I'm still looking for the characters from the old classic transformers.

LOL.
Get the old Bubble Gum Crisis.
Haven't seen BC but it looks like animated power rangers so I stayed away from that. Miyu, I agree with puppet master. Boss of the week show and a bad one at that.

Escaflowne on the other hand is a beautiful show with nice animation, good story and good charrecters so I recommend that one.
Escaflowne is good, I bought it from this site. One thing really buged me about that show though, thier noses were huge, I got used to it after a while, but it just really bugged.
Hmmm...

Out of those, I've watched Escaflowne and Vampire Princess Miyu. =\

And, I liked them both.

But, I watched all of Escaflowne and only the first couple episodes of Miyu. From what I've seen, Escaflowne is the better one, but still. Miyu is excellent.

But, I guess it really depends, on what shows your more into? Escaflonw has got little bits of everything in it, then again so does Miyu =P

~Katherine_Jean
Well I've seen both Miyu and Escaflowne, and I have BGC both old and new, but haven't seen it yet.

Escaflowne grabbed me the very first episode, my kids started watching it and I came in halfway thru the episode, I made them restart it and we watched episode after episode till 6 am the next morning! laugh... It is an action adventure fantasy type story... it has mechs, but the show isn't based on the mechs which is what I liked... it has dragons... fantasy, the main character is transported to another world after having an encounter with a dragon in her world... and plenty of characters to like or hate... it was very enjoyable... although I do agree... the noses were way too long... although at first it really bothers you, you eventually get used to it as you get into the storyline.

Miyu is the type that is horror gothic... like the others have said, she does basically kill other types of monsters... and she has no conscious, if that means she has to kill humans, then it doesn't really matter to her... I also like it because I like vampires... although Miyu isn't your normal run of the mill type vampire...she's got some kick butt powers cause she's been doing her job for some time... and I really hated the doll girl, she wanted to take over Miyu's job... which led to several confrontations before the last one... and of course I loved Miyu's Louvre... he's her protector.. like she really needs one... laugh...
By the Way has anyone seen the Autobots lately? I mean it is finally 2005 and they are

supposed to be on earth somewhere protecting us from the Decepticons. I mean the old

Transformers always used to say in the year 2005. LOL.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:By the Way has anyone seen the Autobots lately? I mean it is finally 2005 and they are

supposed to be on earth somewhere protecting us from the Decepticons. I mean the old

Lemme think.

You mean the new Transformers...?

I don't bother with it. I'm too in love with the old one. I saw a couple episodes in the begining of the first season they had of it(new version). I didnt like the characters, and, I didnt like the Mecha designs. =(
The theme music in my opinion was the only thing it had going for it.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:By the Way has anyone seen the Autobots lately? I mean it is finally 2005 and they are

Holy shit Ryo, this is probably the most brilliant thing you have ever wrote. Mad props on this little shout out. The Transformers movie begins with the opening line " It is the year 2005". Its amazing that you actually know a little pop culture like this and Goonies, but were clueless on other things.
Escaflowne.
That is one of the first HK sets i got actually i think it is the Second. the first was Outlaw Star. well this series is great and it also has a Movie as well id watch the series first if you get both, cause if you watch the movie it might change the experience for you if you watch the series second. its a great series made by sunrise (gundam, Cowboy Bebop, WHR) its a great seires for the year it was made 95'. Great show.

-LE
Pages: 1 2