Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Skate or Die.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
A very crappy famicom(nintendo) game, but that is not what this post is about. I just recived Read or Die a couple days ago, and I am so impressed with this title. I got it for only $7.00 it has every thing in it. I fear to go into any detail on it because I don't want to ruin this show for anyone else. So go buy it now while the price is right. 8O 8O 8O
Did your copy have the subtitles for the last few minutes of episode 2?
skate or die was not crappy :evil:
No it didn't. It did not bother me to much though. I have a grasp on some japanese so I was not lost. I have a feeling it is going to piss my brother off very much, cause he really likes the show too. You pretty much get everything without the few lines during the second episode without knowing any japanese. All and all it is very worth it. I feel like I ripped somebody off getting it for $7.00 though. 8O 8O 8O
yeah.... i saw Read or Die a good 6 months ago..... and i LOVE it!!!!

i'm gonna wait for the domestic release of it (manga has had its rights for AGES now.... but haven't done anything about it u_u ).... BRING IT OUT!!!!

and how lame will they be? will they throw each single episode onto 1 dvd..... or make it a 1 dvd set? lol
True skate or die wasnt bad. I still like the joust part. As for read or die manga will put half an episode on each dvd. 8O 8O
Quote:A very crappy famicom(nintendo) game, but that is not what this post is about. I just recived Read or Die a couple days ago, and I am so impressed with this title. I got it for only $7.00 it has every thing in it. I fear to go into any detail on it because I don't want to ruin this show for anyone else. So go buy it now while the price is right.

i'm so confused. i looked up read or die and it's not $7. it's $12! did i miss the last train to happyville? :?
Go to www.animeniacs.org they have the FX version for $7.00 a very good deal. It is because of stock issues at the FX homebase. 8O 8O
Skate or die is no Tony Hawk. That's for sure. :mrgreen:
Skate or Die beats the hell out of Boney Cock!!!!
Tony Hawk was a great game, just Skate or Die was the original and IS STILL better :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Enjoy your 8-bit crap fest. :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "-=WarArieS=-"

Skate or Die beats the hell out of Boney Cock!!!!
Tony Hawk was a great game, just Skate or Die was the original and IS STILL better :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i have to totally.... DISAGREE!!!!

who cares if something is original...... if something does it better, then the thing BETTER will be... well.... better....

i never liked skate or die..... but at least part 1 was enjoyable multiplayer.... and MUCH better then all those sequels it got.....

but Tony will ALWAYS kick its ass in fun, and gameplay......
Ollie the Magic Bum. You can't lose. :mrgreen:
I remember when 780 came out in the arcades (I've even got it for MAME) and it was one of the best games around for a long time. It's the game where the phrase "Skate or Die" came from. I still like to play it from time to time for nostalgias sake.

I never played the NES game Skate or Die so i can't really make a comment on it specifically.

I have played Tony Hawk (2 and 3) extensively and have to say there is no way any 8 bit game could compete with it on any level (other than nostalgia). Tony Hawk 2 is one of the most well rounded games ever developed on any platform. The learning curve alone makes it one of the most rewarding games to play.

So go ahead and keep playing your 8 bit classic... I'm sure you have fun listening to music on 8 tracks, and shooting photos with your 110 camera, and riding to work (or school) on your old tricycle as well.

I'm going to enjoy the toys new technology has given me to play with and always remember the "good old days" with fondness.
That is the only way most of the games we used to play could be called "good" is through nostalgia. There are some that were generally good and still are but for the most part the games we played were quick "cash ins" on our growing habit. 8O 8O 8O
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6