Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What to get from Japan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right now my cusion is over in Japan and she said that she would buy me some stuff for xmas from Japan. I wanted to know some stuff that you guys think would be cool to get. I have already told her some CDs that I want. Any suggestions would be helpful.
resin kits. Models. Action Figures. newspapers and periodicals. See if they have any humorous comics.
one word...

ANIME
also some sweet stuff from electric town (aukiehabra)spelled wrong). games, electronics, nick nacks.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:one word...

ANIME
also some sweet stuff from electric town (aukiehabra)spelled wrong). games, electronics, nick nacks.

-LE
Anime was what I instantly thought of as well!
bonzai tree Big Grin
real good, guys. He should buy anime Rolleyes

Overpriced DVDs with low episode counts. No English subtitles or Dubs. Very few shows you can't already buy in America or on HK DVD.

Reall good, guys.
Meiji Choco Gummy!!
have her stop in to the Studio Ghibli store at the museum and just start buying cool things at random from there. You can get a Totoro DVD player (it has acorns for buttons and the on screen menus involve Totoros) for about $100 or art books or candies or clothes or or or... I WANNA GO SEE THE KITTENBUS AND MEI MOVIE!!!...

I should really calm down here...
Awww it's so cute to hear how excited you are about Japan Zagatto Smile *pats head*
Assortment of wacky snacks and drinks.
An original Katana! although it might be illegal to bring in the US or Canada and will probably cost a fortune. I really want to buy one of those swords. A "yukata" will be nice too and some live action samurai DVD's.
takumi25 Wrote:An original Katana! although it might be illegal to bring in the US or Canada and will probably cost a fortune. I really want to buy one of those swords. A "yukata" will be nice too and some live action samurai DVD's.

Either that or difficult if nothing else...
Puppet Master Wrote:Either that or difficult if nothing else...

I doubt many are made anymore. You'd better off getting a Japanese sword made in China :p
kakomu Wrote:I doubt many are made anymore. You'd better off getting a Japanese sword made in China :p

That could very well be true.
Actually... up here in Canada it's possible to get properly made swords http://www.knifezone.ca/paulchen/bushidosword.htm

The ONLY place in the world you can see Mei and the Kittenbus is in Japan at the Ghibli Museum.

I'm sure there are still places in Japan making authentic swords but they will priced through the roof and transporting them back from Japan will probably be a hassle.
Pages: 1 2