Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Thanksgiving present ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wasn't gonna tell anyone about this, but since Greg posted this in another forum, I guess it's ok to do so.

Yesterday evening, Greg Ayres called me up and told me he had someone that wanted to wish me Happy Thanksgiving. Guess who he puts on the phone?? Hilary Haag!!!! I nearly died. I had no idea what to say to her. One of the few times I've been tongue tied. The folks at ADV are all soooo nice.
Hey Congrats... that sounds really cool... too bad you were so tongue tied, you could of asked her out!! laugh...

Course that reminds me of the Weird Al concert where he stopped by the aisle seat where my daughter was sitting and sang to her, I could of reached out and touched him!! But then his body guards would have probably discouraged that... laugh..

Just remember, they are only human... just like we are... they just happen to have more money and fame than we do... laugh...
Congrats dude ^_^ damn that was sooo cool of emBig Grin
That's awesome. Is Greg someone at ADV?

He man, since you seem to know some of the people at ADV and they seem to know you is it not an idea to try to get a job there or something? That would be sweet. (And you would bug LE even more, having your name in the ending of every ADV show Big Grin )
yay! I have no clue who either person is!
Hilary Haag is his favorite voice actor and probably in everyone's top ten of voice actors if they like english dubs. She's one of the better known VA's.
elcoholic Wrote:That's awesome. Is Greg someone at ADV?

He man, since you seem to know some of the people at ADV and they seem to know you is it not an idea to try to get a job there or something? That would be sweet. (And you would bug LE even more, having your name in the ending of every ADV show Big Grin )

Greg Ayres is a VA there. His more famous roles are Son Goku in Saiyuki, Second Place in Super Gals, and Chrono in Chrono Crusade. He's also been called the 'annoying Newtype guy' since it's him and Hilary that do the Newtype ad that is at the beginning of every ADV disc.

Hilary Haag is my favorite VA. I think I'm 'infamous' at ADV studios for that. Her more famous roles are Nene in BubbleGum Crisis 2040, Karinka in Steel Angel Kurumi, Ryo Hayukawa in Princess Nine, Chloe in Noir, Tessa in Full Metal Panic, Rosette in Chrono Crusade, Milk in Super Milk Chan, and a bunch more. She's done so much stuff.

Most of the people I 'know' at ADV are just some VA's, like Greg Ayres and Monica Rial. There are a few others that I will occasionally post with online like Chris Patton, or David Williams, or Allen, or Mariela Ortiz, or Janice Williams. But I don't 'know' any of them like that. Alot of it is just from forums and cons and stuff like that. I mean I got to hang out with Monica and Greg for a bit at this last con, but I wouldn't call that 'knowing' someone. They were both just really nice to me.
neither hold a candle to cam clarke.
You.. tongue-tied.. I don't believe it
kakomu Wrote:neither hold a candle to cam clarke.

Erm....Who? Seriously I don't know the names of Voice actors I can only tell from shows never bothered to find out...
Puppet Master Wrote:Erm....Who? Seriously I don't know the names of Voice actors I can only tell from shows never bothered to find out...

I looked him up after he mentioned him. Looks like he did voices for alot of American cartoons like Transformers and stuff. :confused:

He's not even in Hilary Haag's league.
Vicious Wrote:I looked him up after he mentioned him. Looks like he did voices for alot of American cartoons like Transformers and stuff. :confused:

He's not even in Hilary Haag's league.

He did Leonardo and the original Akira. He blows any of these new anime VAs out of the water. I still can't figure out your infatuation with the ADV VAs.
kakomu Wrote:He did Leonardo and the original Akira. He blows any of these new anime VAs out of the water. I still can't figure out your infatuation with the ADV VAs.

Leonardo? Please don't tell me you mean that turtle crap...
kakomu Wrote:I still can't figure out your infatuation with the ADV VAs.

I watch alot of their shows, so I've grown used to their voices. There are other VA's I enjoy as well, like David Lucas, Wendee Lee, and Lisa Ortiz.

But I hear so much work from ADV, that I have much more exposure to their VA's. I don't love the voice work of all the ADV VA's. Plenty of them do awesome work, but I'm a huge Hilary fan. With the case of Monica Rial, I like her more because of the fact that she's a nice person than her VA work. That's much more impressive IMO.

Perhaps if I met your boy Cam whatever his name is, I'd think he's a nice person too. But for now, alot of the ADV VA's show up at cons. Although, I had a chance to meet Carrie Savage at Anime USA. She's a VA based out of LA, and she was really nice too. But in a different way.
Puppet Master Wrote:Leonardo? Please don't tell me you mean that turtle crap...

Yep the original cartoon that I watched when I was a kid. however, you may be too young to remember them. As far as I can tell, just about any kid that remembers them loved em.
Pages: 1 2 3